DON'T RULE OUT DISH DEALS
- Chatty Charlie's Spat. // CableFAX Daily;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Presents the views of EchoStar executive Charlie Ergen regarding the plan for Lifetime Television to be part of the lineup on Dish Network, of which he is chief executive officer, as of January 2006.
- Dish Chief Ergen Is Still a Gambler. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the celebration of the 10th anniversary of EchoStar Communication Corporation's satellite television service Dish Network held in Littleton, Colorado on March 10, 2006. Audience share of Dish in interactive television households in the U.S.; Factors attributed to the distinctive...
- Putting the mobile pieces together. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
The article focuses on the business plans of the company Echostar to improve its financial performance. It informs that the company wrapped its satellite TV service into one company, Dish Network Corp. in 2007 and took control of its remaining business of fixed satellite services and set-top box...
- Ergen Enigma: What's Next. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p3
The article offers information about the acquisition of Sling Media and the potential plans of Charlie Ergen to divide the satellite television in two. The Sling deal will enable the satellite-TV giant an access to the mobile-video market. On the other hand, the splitting off of the Echostar...
- It's good to be boss. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p16
Reports that EchoStar Chairman Charlie Ergen has hosted an all-expenses paid Caribbean sailing vacation for his top 100 dealers and their guests. Highlights of the week-long junket; EchoStar spokewoman Judianne Atencio's comments on Ergen's relationship with his dealers.
- EchoStar jumps into the DBS fray. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/5/96, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p54
Presents an interview with EchoStar Communications Corp. head Charlie Ergen on the company's strategy for its entry into the direct broadcast satellite business. EchoStar's purchase of broadcast rights for the 148 degrees orbital slot at an auction conducted by the US Federal Communications...
- OXYGEN AN UPWARDLY MOBILE PAWN. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;1/23/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
The article presents an interview with Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and CEO of Oxygen Media. She details the approach she used to negotiate with Charlie Ergen, chairman of EchoStar Communications. She provides an opinion on her possible participation in the contract negotiations of Lifetime...
- Ergen Hikes in Himalayas as Fox Talks Go On. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p29
The article reports on the move of chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen of Dish Network Corp. to take a hiking vacation in Himalayas, Nepal despite the company's dispute with Fox Cable Networks Services LLC.
- FOUR OF A KIND. // Total Telecom+;Oct2014, p23
The article talks about direct-broadcast and satellite service provider Dish Network, its chairman and co-founder Charlie Ergen, and Dish's plans for a video streaming service, establishing a mobile presence with telecommunications company T-Mobile U.S., and the AWS-3 spectrum auction.