Ops Opt for Calif. Oversight
- A Tale of Two Telcos. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the two biggest telecommunication companies, AT&T and FiOS, which continue to increase their television rolls and net sales in the U.S.
- 700 MHz: Meet the new operators - same as the old operators. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;3/31/2008, p6
The article reports on the 700 MHz auction in the U.S. telecommunication industry. AT&T, which winning the majority of the 22 MHz C Block, and Verizon Wireless, which focusing exclusively on B Block licenses, were the winners of the show as the new operators of 700 MHz. Both of them have...
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;09/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 12, p20
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry. Recognition given to Verizon Communications company; Request of the New York state comptrollers regarding AT&T commercials.
- Split on the Verizon. Luzadder, Dan // Interactive Week;3/19/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the battle between Verizon Communications and AT&T to influence state regulators over plans to cut Verizon of Pennsylvania in two. Overview of the plan; Support of Robotics Initiative for the plan; Details on the efforts of AT&T to push through with the plan.
- Verizon wouldn't have dared challenge the Cingular brand. Crain, Rance // Advertising Age;8/9/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 29, p17
The author offers opinions on comparative advertising by telecommunication company Verizon Communications, arguing that the firm would not have used comparative advertising against rival AT&T had the latter company maintained its Cingular brand name for its cell phone service.
- Smartphones Continue Upward Spiral. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/7/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the continued rise in sales of smartphones, Android-based models in particular, in the U.S. in 2010. In its fourth-quarter consumer survey, the Nielsen Co. found that 45 percent of people who bought a cellphone in the previous six months purchased a smartphone. The NPD...
- IHS: AT&T's U-verse making steady gains. // CED;May2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information regarding steady growth of the cable network company AT&T Inc. including a compared statistical analysis of its users worldwide with its competitor Verizon Communications Inc.
- AT&T and Verizon divided on debate over net-neutrality. Jerome, Sara // Hill;12/1/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 123, p13
The article reports on the disagreements between AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc., the two largest phone companies in the U.S., over the kind of network neutrality rules they could accept.
- Telecoms stay firm on investing in the state. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;2/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p9
The article reports that over 732 million U.S. dollars has been invested in New Jersey infrastructure by Verizon in 2011 as they hinted the need for their sought regulatory changes for continued investment, and of AT&T spending 3.8 billion U.S. dollars for upgrades on wireless and wired system.