'MONK' PUTS ON A BIG SHOW
- 'Monk' sanctuary for gains. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/24/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 36, p10
Reports the rating of the television program 'Monk' on USA Network.
- CABLE BOUNCES BACK. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/23/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 56, p4
Presents news and developments in cable television broadcasting and programming in the U.S. compiled as of June 2004. Premiere of "Stephen King's Salem's Lot" and "Monk"; Television ratings; Cable rankings; Show schedules.
- Welcome Back, Hits. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the return of several television programs in the U.S. cable networks. Rating of "Monk"; Viewership share of the program "The Dead Zone"; Improvement on the time slot of the "Outback Jack."
- The trouble with networks' past is they can't escape it. Bednarski, P.J. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Presents comparisons of the past and present of United States broadcast network television. Meanings of ratings and audience share in the 1970s and 1990s.
- Webs must play sweeps for keeps. Lowry, Brian // Variety;12/5/94, Vol. 357 Issue 6, p25
Discusses the necessity of sweeps, ratings surveys used to assess performance of television programs. Comparison of network schedules; Statements from network executives; Use of preempting programs in the May surveys.
- Teens fly Fox colors for 'American' surge. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;8/15/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 52, p3
Reports on the ratings of television programs in the United States for the week of August 15, 2002. Viewership of 'American Idol'; Rating of the drama series 'Monk.'
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p3
Reports on the ratings received by cable television programs as of March 2006. Rating received by the Friday episode of "Monk"; Dominance of USA in the prime time pack; Score gained by Discovery Channel's "Perfect Disaster."
- Nets need drama flair desperately. Kissell, Rick // Variety;7/11/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 7, p17
Offers a look at the viewers' ratings on several TV drama in the U.S. as of July 2005. "Into the West," shown at TNT; "Monk" at USA; "Empire" at ABC; "The Inside" at Fox.
- USA NETWORK. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC90
The article focuses on the cable television network USA Network, a subsidiary of NBC Universal. USA was the highest-rated cable network for the 2007-2008 season. Its prime time program schedule is completely devoted to original programming, including several rating successes such as "Monk" with...