Apple Gets Rent Check
- Apple Movie Rentals Delayed. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/10/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p12
This article reports on the decision of computer company Apple Inc. to postpone the acquisition of movie rental service including high-definition (HD) television titles in 2008. Apple chief executive officer Steve Jobs said that the software will allow Apple TV user to rent movies on iTunes...
- Apple TV: iTunes Radio, Other New Features. BREEN, CHRISTOPHER; CALDWELL, SERENITY; SEFF, JONATHAN // Macworld;Dec2013, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p94
The article looks at several new features of the video streaming device Apple TV following a recent software update from technology firm Apple Inc. as of December 1, 2013. It provides information on the radio streaming feature of the device from online music store iTunes. An overview of the...
- Disconnected Apple. Grannell, Craig // Micro Mart;Jun2013, Issue 1264, p77
The author shows the capability of Apple of churning out the best and worst ecosystems possible with its products. He appreciates the capabilities of the Apple TV because of AirPlay, which allows a user to get almost any digital content. He finds the ecosystem surrounding iTunes and iOS devices...
- 99-CENT STORE. Graser, Marc; Morris, Chris // Daily Variety;9/2/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 43, p1
The article focuses on the plans of Apple Inc. to redesign its Apple TV streaming devices to shift into a rental-type of business. It states that the move adopted by the company is in connection with its campaign to combat piracy done through legal downloads of films and related content from the...
- Steve Jobs: Apple TV Still a 'Hobby'. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;10/21/2008, p3
The article talks about Apple TV and digital living room technology. According to Steve Jobs, chief executive officer of Apple, Apple TV is still just a hobby. The digital living room is a crowded category that counts Netflix's Roku box, Microsoft's Xbox, and Cisco-owned Scientific Atlanta,...
- JOBS: THE CONSEQUENCES. Bond, Paul; Masters, Kim; Giardina, Carolyn // Hollywood Reporter;9/16/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 32, p34
The article discusses impact of the resignation of Steve Jobs as chief executive officer (CEO) at Apple Inc. due to illness, on the U.S. entertainment industry. It states that Jobs had major influence as a board member at Disney industry over the business decisions of Walt Disney Co.'s CEO...
- Apple Launches Apple TV, Lets NetFlix Play. Gallagher, Matt // Red Herring;9/1/2010, p1
The article reports on the launch of a new version of the digital media receiver Apple TV offered by the consumer electronics company Apple.
- Apple TV 3rd Generation: Apple Maintains Accessibility Excellence. Preece, Aaron // Accessworld: Technology for Consumers with Visual Impairments;Feb2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p4
The article evaluates the Apple TV 3rd Generation from Apple.
- Apple gets Siri-ous about TV. // Choice Computer;Nov/Dec2015, p8
The article offers information on the Siri-enabled Apple TV from Apple.