AT&T Will Replace Batteries After Fires
- A pound of lithium a pound of lead. Hanley, Michael // Telephony;3/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p31
Focuses on Montreal, Quebec-based Avestor Corp., a manufacturer of lithium-metal-polymer (LMP) batteries. Company history; Advantages that LMP batteries have over traditional lead-acid batteries; Favorable results of initial trials of Avestor's batteries; Potential savings in maintenance and...
- ALL CHARGED UP. // Motor Age;Jan2001, Vol. 120 Issue 1, p39
Cites Avestor Corp.'s introduction of the first electric vehicle powered by its lithium-metal-polymer battery.
- QuÃ©bec Joint Venture Focuses On Synergy. Purdum, Traci // Industry Week/IW;Dec2002, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p89
Focuses on the decision of Avestor Corp. to locate a battery plant in Boucherville, QuÃ©bec, as of December 2002. Background on the company; Corporate and production strategy; Impact on its interaction with existing research and development department.
- AT&T stock slump `over'. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on AT&T's decision to offer stock options to more staff as a way to boost the company's morale and stock prices. Attempt to better compete with Lucent Technologies; Timing with the resignation of the company's chief operating officer John Walter.
- AT&T to concentrate on local service. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports that AT&T Corp. will focus on local service. Sale of several divisions of the company; Cost-cutting plans of the company.
- AT&T pictures big interest in VideoPhone. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p33
Offers a look at AT&T's VideoPhone, the first mass-marketed telephone that allows callers to see each other in full-color video as they converse. Waiting lists for the new devise despite the cost and the few technical drawbacks; Available for sampling at AT&T stores; Television and print...
- The Walter hatchet. // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the announcement of AT&T of plans to cut 800 jobs across New Jersey. Saving of $60 million a year; Areas to be affected by the cuts; Executives' work on budget cutting.
- AT&T building second pop here. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/93, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p8A
Reports on AT&T's construction of a point-of-presence (POP) facility in Carmel to ensure uninterrupted long-distance service for customers in Indianapolis, Indiana. Completion of project in 1994; Location of long distance lines; Protection from cable cuts and natural disasters.
- New AT&T job security plans. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep92, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p44
Reports that negotiators for AT&T and its two major unions, the Communications Workers and Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, ended a collective bargaining standoff recently with agreement on a three-year labor contract. Covers approximately 125,000 workers nationwide; Details of the...