It's Not the Web, It's HBO
- HBO GO NOW STREAMS TO APPLE TV. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the announcement by HBO president Eric Kessler that HBO subscribers who use the HBO Go mobile device application can stream content from their Apple device to the television.
- Media need to innovate amid evolving industry. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/31/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 19, p6
This article reports that making creativity and innovation priority investments would put media and entertainment companies on a digital fast track and likely boost their stock price and shareholder value in ways that buybacks and asset spinoffs won't. In truth, media and entertainment players...
- ON THE VERGE. Franco, Robert La // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/7/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 43, p29
This article discusses the growth of digital media across the world. In South Korea, 75% of the nation's residents pay about $50 a month for broadband access at a speed of 20 megabits per second nearly seven times faster than the average of the U.S. cable modem. South Korean feature films can be...
- Cornwall aims to attract new media. // New Media Age;6/3/2004, p5
Cornwall, England has embarked on a fresh drive to attract new media companies to the south west corner of Great Britain, with a promise to make broadband available to all businesses. The county has launched a new campaign, Cornwall Pure Business, in a bid to market Cornwall as a business...
- WHAT MAKES HBO TICK. Mermelstein, David // Daily Variety;5/17/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 31, pA9
The article announces the potential of HBO & Co.'s "In Treatment" and "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" to receive a Peabody Awards in 2010.
- Searchlight beckons studios to niche riches. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;4/18/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 11, p2
Comments on the efforts of several media companies to emulate the business success of Fox Searchlight Pictures Inc. in the U.S. Citation of successful films produced by the company; Exploration on the amount of business autonomy given to other media companies; Confusion over the business...
- NOW STREAMING. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p14
Presents information on the launching of multiplatform broadcasting initiated by TV networks. Debut of MTV Networks' broadband player for TV Land; Episodes of "Entourage" launched by HBO Mobile; Broadband video channel launched by Weather One.
- OZ POST HOUSES SEEK HELP TO BOW BROADBAND WEB. Groves, Don // Daily Variety;12/07/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on Australia-based post-production firms' call for the government to help construct a high bandwidth network linking Australian cities with North America, Europe and the Asian region. Launch of Film Industry Broadband Resources Enterprise; Need to make broadband connections...
- Lights out. Cosper, Amy C.; Storey, Denis // Satellite Broadband;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p22
Presents an update on satellite broadband technology and mass media as of June 2002. Popularity of the Al-Jazeera Arab satellite network after the September 11, 2001 U.S. terrorist attacks; List of unsuccessful Ka-band broadband satellite projects; Details on the services of XM Satellite Radio...