The Nursing Research Process
- A call for best practice guidelines in nephrology nursing. Larson, Jennifer // CANNT Journal;Jul-Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
No abstract available.
- Charting your survey's course. // Canadian Nurse;Jun2011, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p25
Bar charts which represent data from a survey on the diabetes knowledge of patients attending a lifestyle course are presented.
- Boost for nursing research. // Nursing Standard;3/11/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p13
The article reports new developments in clinical research for nurses in Great Britain. The U.K. Clinical Research Collaboration is working to establish Great Britain as a nursing leader. Nursing research will receive support from the organisation Academy of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting...
- An introduction to mixed methods research for nephrology nurses. Hayes, Bronwyn; Bonner, Ann; Douglas, Clint // Renal Society of Australasia Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
Mixed methods research is the use of qualitative and quantitative methods in the same study to gain a more rounded and holistic understanding of the phenomena under investigation. This type of research approach is gaining popularity in the nursing literature as a way to understand the complexity...
- Hypothesis testing and p values: how to interpret results and reach the right conclusions. Shorten, Allison; Shorten, Brett // Evidence Based Nursing;Apr2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses how the results of formal hypothesis test are concluded by interpretation of p values, comparisons of means, and calculation of odds ratios (ORs). It refers to a study by Yonin and colleagues, in which hypothetical testing was done to understand the association of antenatal...
- 'Research positively embraces questions and challenges' Malone, Beverly // Nurse Researcher;2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p82
RCN general secretary Beverly Malone recalls a former colleague and mentor, and explains why in the belief that research is integral in helping to shape and deliver care, she continues to campaign hard for nurses to have three days every year for continuing professional development
- ANF 2003 nursing research grants program awards $137,000. // American Nurse;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the awarding of nursing research grants by the American Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees. Career development for nurses; Application requirements; Organizations and awardees.
- Research uncovers the 'invisible' qualities that make nurses experts. Agnew, Thelma // Nursing Standard;8/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the result of the ground-breaking five-year research conducted by the Royal College of Nursing Institute which revealed the intangible factors that makes nurses experts in Great Britain. Significance of the results in helping nurses look at their practice and apply for accreditation...
- The Advanced Practice Nurse in Research: From Hospital Discharge to Home. Monturo, Cheryl Ann // Oncology Nursing Forum;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p27
Describes the role of an intervention advanced practice nurse (APN) and the ways in which experiences illustrate leadership and professional development from hospital discharge to home. Background issues related to the definition of leadership and research projects; Overview of the APN in a...