MAKING PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT RELEVANT? ADMINISTRATORS' ATTITUDES AND STRUCTURAL ORIENTATIONS
- ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE NETHERLANDS: EXEMPLARY IN ITS COMPLEXITY. De Vries, Michiel // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p480
This article addresses the accountability practices in the Netherlands. It is argued that during the past few decades, nearly all constituting elements of classic accountability have been abandoned. The new practices involve audits, monitoring, performance measurement, evaluation, etc. It is...
- Market orientation: Antecedents and consequences. Jaworski, Bernard J.; Kohli, Ajay K. // Journal of Marketing;Jul93, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p53
This research addresses three questions: (1) Why are some organizations more market-oriented than others? (2) What effect does a market orientation have on employees and business performance? (3) Does the linkage between a market orientation and business performance depend on the environmental...
- TIGHTER, TOUGHER, QUICKER, SMARTER. Dorman, Robert W. // Advanced Management Journal;Fall67, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the importance of attitude in improving a manager's performance towards work and other people. Definition of attitude; Source of attitude; Control mechanism for attitude; Methods in presenting ideas.
- I hate doing reviews. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how to create a feedback to an employee's job performance when managers hate to make reviews.
- Market Orientation -Transforming Trade and Firm Performance. Oudan, Rodney // International Journal of Marketing Studies;Apr2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p3
This paper examines the role of market orientation on trade and firm performance. Recent studies conducted in the United States and Europe have shown significant evidence of the relationship between market orientation and business performance. Kohli and Jaworski's empirical work has provided the...
- Market Orientation: Journey from Antecedents to Business Performance in a Developing Economy A Case-Study of Botswana's Small and Medium Size Manufacturing Firms. Opeda, Frederick. O.; Jaiyeoba, Olumide. O.; Donatus, Amanze // International Journal of Business Administration;Nov2011, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p61
This paper aims to investigate the link between antecedents of market orientation and performance of Botswana's Small and Medium sized Manufacturing Firms. This study is primarily centered on empirically investigating two issues : test the applicability of MARKOR Scale ( A widely used market...
- MEDIATING ROLE OF JOB SATISFACTION IN THE RELATIONSHIP OF INTERNAL MARKET ORIENTATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. Khan, Muhammad Asif // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi Ekonom�ki;Oct2012, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p315
The study investigates empirically the effects of internal market orientation on organizational performance, and the mediating role of job satisfaction in internal market orientation and performance relationship. The data was collected through a structured questionnaire from a convenience sample...
- how managers view promotions. DeSalvia, Donald; Gemmill, Gary // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Summer77, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p40
Explores how managers perceive employee promotion criteria. Relation of performance to promotion; Personality characteristics ideal for promotion decisions.
- How top CEOs get so much done. // Small Business Tax Strategies;May2012, Vol. 7 Issue 5, pB1
The article offers tips for top executives to stay productive in large such as giving people enough time they need in performing tasks, getting more sleep, and being consistent in performance.