HR and healthcare
- EXTRA EXTRA. // People Management;Jan2013, p53
The article discusses publications, conferences and other activities of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) including its periodical "Impact," a conference on business partnership to be held February 13-14, 2013 and a factsheet of disability law available on the...
- Academic recognition. // People Management;9/2/2010, p36
The article presents information on an academic membership route that was launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain in July 2010, which aims to recognize the contributions of academics and researchers in the field of human resource (HR).
- Spend, spend, spend. Cannell, Mike // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p65
Provides an overview of the upcoming research on training trends in Great Britain by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Key points included in the research; Details of an interview by members of the institute.
- Research into talent goes global. // People Management;9/16/2010, p38
This article reports on the plan of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to conduct a diversity and talent management study in countries in central and Eastern Europe and Asia.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;4/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p69
Presents updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of April 4, 2002. Announcement of the deadline for the People Management Award for 2002; Activities in the Human Resources Development 2002 conference and exhibition at the London Olympia in London, England on...
- A light touch. Smedley, Tim // People Management;Oct2011, p24
The article focuses on the transitions made by various organizations toward simple operations and the impact on the human resources (HR) profession in Great Britain as of October 2011. According to Bill Parsons, HR executive vice-president at ARM Holdings, there has been evidence of the...
- Mapping out the future. Orme, Jackie // Training Journal;Oct2009, p38
The article reports on the efforts of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) to help equip learning and development (L&D) profession. It states that the institute established a comprehensive new HR Profession Map to guide people through their future career. It also indicates...
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p61
Presents news briefs concerning the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of November 23, 2000. Information on executive briefings on directors' pay and stakeholder pensions produced by the CIPD; Issues that will be addressed in the 2000 CIPD/Association Nationale des...
- Impassioned response to diversity function debate. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;9/4/2007, p16
The article presents the author's comments on the response to a proposed new diversity association. The author is amazed by how impassioned the response has been to the news story of the journal "Personnel Today" on the proposed new diversity association, and the suggestion that diversity should...