DON'T BE CAUGHT OUT BY TUPE AGENCY RULES
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;3/18/2008, p11
The article presents information on some changes to the labor laws and regulation in Great Britain. It is stated that Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 comes into force on 6 April 2008. Centralised vetting system for people working with children and vulnerable adults will...
- Tribunal legislation fails to meet expectations. // Employers Law;Jun2006, p4
The article discusses the results of a survey of British Employment Lawyers Association members on their attitudes to employment tribunal legislation, which included rules of procedure to deal with concerns about the spiralling number of claims. The survey revealed that 81% of lawyers felt it...
- Fully flexible working `not available' for most staff. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;1/6/2006, p10
The article reports on the result of the Labor Force Survey which found out that almost 60 percent of the public bodies do not offer staff flexible employment schemes despite legislation of 2003 that gives employees the right to request these. Based on the data gathered by LFS study, 19.8...
- Payment in lieu. Martin, David M. // A to Z of Employment Practice;2004, p407
This article defines the meaning of "a payment in lieu of notice" (PILON) in labor law and legislation in Great Britain. It explains that PILON occurs when a employer does not wish a leaving employee to work the notice period required under their contract, PILON in respect of the time and...
- A Physician's Guide to wage-and-hour law. Weiss, Gail Garfinkel // Medical Economics;9/16/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 18, p36
Reports that the exempt and nonexempt employment status has little to do with jobs titles and a great deal to do with workers' level of responsibility in the U.S. Implementation of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act; Recommendations affecting the employment status of the employees;...
- The Legal Structure and Business Regulation: 2.6 Employment Law. Reuvid, Jonathan; Terterov, Marat // Doing Business with Latvia;2005, p84
Discusses several issues related to the Employment Law in Latvia. Importance of the legislation to the relationship between employer and employee in the country; Types of employment contract offered to the permanent residents of Latvia; Restrictions on employment featured in the Labor Law.
- Employment law Q & A. Greenwald Esq., Joel J. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p27
The article answers various queries related to employment law in the U.S. Most private employers have no compelling reason to fingerprint employees and should refrain from doing so. Securing the fingerprints of an individual as a condition of employment is generally viewed as an invasion of...
- Employment protection -- increase in limits. // Accountancy;May90, Vol. 105 Issue 1161, p48
This article reports that the Employment Protection Order 1990 imposed in Great Britain, is numbered as SI 1990/384 as of May 1990.
- California employment and labor law mid-year update. Sutton, S. Brett; Hatmaker, Susan K. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/24/2004, Issue 323300, p9
Focuses on the mid-year update of California employment and labor law. Changes following the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the new governor; Amendments of Private Attorney General Act of 2004; Aspects of the new Paid Family Leave regulations.