Ernst & Young hangs up on graduate phone interviews
- Telerecruiters use phone interviews to wean candidates. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;6/03/96, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p45
Offers advice on handling telephone job interviews. Trends in telephone meetings; Features of a telephone interview; Importance of anticipating the dialogue.
- Can You Succeed in a Phone Interview? // Strategic Finance;Apr2010, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p22
The article gives step-by-step instructions explaining to job applicants how to prepare for a telephone interview.
- Just how effective is a telephone interview? Fletcher, Clive // People Management;6/26/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p49
Evaluates the effectiveness of telephone job interviews. Advantages and disadvantages of telephone interviews; Interviewer and interviewee's notion regarding telephone interviewing; Tips for interviewers and interviewees on the subject.
- THE CHALLENGE: Strength in numbers. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);5/19/2011, p24
The article presents information on Ernst & Young LLP that is in the need to find top graduates but the selection approach made it difficult for the company. It informs that the main challenge for the company was to distinguish itself from the other competing companies in the market of Great...
- 200 CAPS AT EY. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2014, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p83
A photograph is presented showing 200 graduates in Ireland who joined professional services firm Ernst & Young (EY) on September 15, 2014.
- ERNST & YOUNG. // Black Collegian;Oct2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, pU113
The article presents an interview with Glenn Carrington, national tax director for client services at Ernst & Young, regarding his career and the firm. He advises new graduates to seek out people whose style they like and who have been successful and learn from them. His belief in the tax...
- It's for you: The business of making phone interviews work. Doran, Ryan // Westchester County Business Journal;4/12/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p23
The article offers tips on how to effectively make a good phone interview. Paul Bailo, founder of Phone Interview Pro, has designed a business on demonstrating people how to make the receiver work for their search for employment. Bailo stresses several important elements to a good phone...
- Dialing Up the Next Job. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Jul2007, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p60
The article presents some tips to lawyers in the U.S. on preparing for and taking a job interview through telephone. Experts recommend that applicants dress for the interview even if they are at home. At their fingertips, phone interviewees should have a list of their job skills, points they...
- Dialing for Jobs: How to Make the Most of a Phone Interview. // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p377
Discusses how to make the most of a telephone interview. Benefits of telephone interviews for managers; Advantages and disadvantages of telephone interviews; Preparations needed by job applicants before the telephone interview; Qualities that should be considered when interviewing candidates by...