Retail needs to woo graduates
- Sharing the world view. Wilson, Fran // People Management;12/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p51
Reports that international exchange meetings have allowed personnel professionals to discuss common human resources issues concerning human resource management. What the meetings reflect; Importance of managing diversity; Participants of the meetings.
- The fixer. Sales, Samantha // People Management;Dec2013, p53
The article presents questions and answers related to people management including the way to update the recruitment strategy of a multichannel retailer and the request of a divisional head to move an employee to another division and location.
- Forthcoming recruitment events and conferences in 2005. // Personnel Today;Mar2005 Supplement, p40
The article informs about the forthcoming recruitment events and conferences in 2005 in Great Britain. The Human Resources Forum will be held on 11-14 May in Southampton. The CIPD Annual Recruitment and Retention program will take place on 22-23 June at Conference Olympia, London.
- Watch for a customer service storm these holidays. Karres, Paul // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/15/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p4
Focuses on hiring employees for the holiday season customer rush in Nevada. Factors that affected the recruitment of employees in the state; Efforts of business owners, managers and leaders in offering job vacancies; Advice for retailers on recruiting employees.
- â€¦career coach. Gaskell, Carole // Personnel Today;3/27/2007, p34
The article presents a question and an answer related to employee recruitment for management positions. A reader asks how to appeal to candidates from the large, established online retailers to work for a mid-sized retailer. It is opined that while salary and benefits are important, the best...
- Store Owners Tackle HR Issues. Francella, Barbara Grondin // Convenience Store News for the Single Store Owner;Aug2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p38
The article offers information on the strategies employed by the single-store retailers for retaining their employees. It states that one-store operators typically use fewer screening tools during the hiring process as compared to their multi-store competitors and the qualities that they look...
- A FIELD STUDY OF DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS AND JOB ATTRIBUTE PREFERENCES OF NEW PART-TIME EMPLOYEES. Nkomo, Stella M.; Fields, D. Michael // Journal of Business & Psychology;Spring94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p365
This paper reports on a study of the demographic characteristics and job attribute preferences of 336 newly hired part-time employees in retail jobs. The results of the research challenge many of the traditional assumptions about the job preferences of part-time workers.
- Hiring For The Holidays: Spread good cheer with seasonal employees. Perry, Phillip M. // Aqua;Oct2008, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p26
The article offers tips on how the retails can make a better scheme in hiring employees in holiday seasons. Retailers often find difficulties in employing part-timers that have great potentials and they need a good design in creating hiring program. It includes asking for referrals, conducting a...
- Multigenerational Retail. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Jan2006, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p94
The article focuses on finding good employees in the retail industry in the U.S. It discusses the challenges faced in finding good employees, including a combination of generations. The differences between managing teenage and senior employees are cited. It also states the importance of hiring...