London's burning for BME and female fire officers
- Hands-On Training Evolutions. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008 Supplement, Vol. 161, p16
A calendar of events for the 2008 Fire Department Instructors Conference is presented which includes hands-on training evolutions.
- Workshops. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008 Supplement, Vol. 161, p22
A calendar of events for the 2008 Fire Department Instructors Conference is presented which includes eight hour workshops.
- Classroom Sessions. // Fire Engineering;Jan2008 Supplement, Vol. 161, p28
A calendar of events for the 2008 Fire Department Instructors Conference is presented which includes classroom sessions on responding to blast-related emergencies, preparing for the unexpected, and strategy and tactics for fires in nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, and retirement centers.
- Towns can't burn brush, but can fire departments? Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/22/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 95, p2
The article highlights the statement of Wilmington, New York-based supervisor and assistant fire chief Randy Preston concerning the legality of burning brush materials as part of training in the town's fire departments.
- Harvard Fire Executive Fellowship Program deadline is January 31, 1999. // Fire Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p30
Presents information on the Program for Senior Executives in State and Local Governments for senior fire executives initiated by Harvard University in the United States. Criteria selection; Deadline for receipt of applications; Application requirements; Contact information.
- Training for the real deal. // Navajo Times;11/19/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 46, pC3
Several images is presented of training exercise for Navajo Nation Fire Department at the fire station in Window Rock, Arizona, where Lieutenant Jeff Morgan checks vital signs of fellow firefighter Jeremy Curley.
- Campus fire officials gather for training program. // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p50
Highlights the training program organized by fire officials concerning the ways to protect students from dormitory and community housing fire held in Boulder, Colorado. Attendees and sponsors of the event.
- Develop New Officers for Organizational Success. CLINE, KENNETH // Fire Engineering;Jul2010, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p107
The article offers advice on how to develop new officers for fire departments. One of the challenges that new officers represents are the generational differences and these must be managed properly to prevent resentment and negatively affect the effectiveness of the organization. It is...
- Training in a volunteer environment. White, Clarence // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p8
Cites the key considerations when developing and delivering a training program for fire and rescue personnel in a volunteer environment. Significance of training; Training audience; Schedule and frequency of training; Meaningful and relevant training; Measurable results; Regular and special...