Tribunal hears of overtime drinking claim
- Legal. Calloway, Hugh; Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p15
Reports on two court cases involving employment-related disputes in Great Britain. Decision on the O'Flynn v. Airlinks the Airport Coach regarding unfair dismissal of employees because of testing positive for drugs; Citation of Sainsburys Supermarkets Ltd. v. Hitt lawsuit involving dismissal...
- Est FM staff sacked after press leak. Csonka, Ágnes // Budapest Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p12
Reports the dispute between the employees and management of the alternative Budapest talk radio station Est FM in Hungary. Influence of employee termination on the occurrence of conflict; Background of the case; Effect of the signing of petition concerning the operation of the station on the...
- Moroak T/A Blake Envelopes v D L Cromie. Glavina, Joe; Stobbs, Helen; Harris, Judith // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2005, p11
Focuses on the decision of the British Employment Appeals Tribunal on the labor dispute case Moroak T/A Blake Envelopes versus D. L. Cromie in 2005. Delay of the employer in filing a response to its ex-employee's unfair dismissal claim; Key points of the decision; Suggestions for employers who...
- Friction dismissals 'unfair.' // Professional Engineering;11/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p9
Reports that workers in an industrial dispute at an engineering firm have won their claims for unfair dismissal in Great Britain. Details about the dispute; Protests and strikes by the workers; Labor negotiations and settlements; Implications for labor laws and policies.
- Unions lobby over dismissals. // Professional Engineering;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p15
Reports on the protest launched by Great Britain-based Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU) regarding dismissal of workers at Friction Dynamex as of October 15, 2003. Step taken by the Labour Party to support the workers; Demands made by TGWU from the government.
- SALT LAKE LATINOS BATTLE EMPLOYER. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/23/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p15
Reports an industrial dispute due to the signing of a union agreement by the Utah Structural Coatings Inc., a fireproofing contractor in Salt Lake City, Utah. Cause of the dispute; Termination of workers speculated to participate in union activity; Wage and payroll deductions for benefits not...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;4/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p19
Provides an overview of court cases about labor. Adjustment of work arrangements under the employment bill; Legal issues in employee dismissal; Declaration of a disability status.
- Comparisons of old and new table numbers. // Labour Market Trends;Apr2005 Supplement, Vol. 113, pS7
Provides a guide on labor market data tables in Great Britain from December 2004. Earnings and unit wage costs; Redundancies; Labor disputes.
- Refusal to Participate in Company-Sponsored Activities Not Protected. // Labor Law Journal;Dec72, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p768
This article reports on the court decision on a labor dispute concerning employees' refusal to participate in company-sponsored activities. Two employees' opposition to participating in an employer's Christmas gift exchange, contribution for flowers for, and attendance at, the funeral of the...