- More in-demand managers seek `piece of the action'. Willax, Paul A. // New Hampshire Business Review;03/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p23
Offers advice on how to recruit an operations manager. Increase in the compensation premiums for qualified managers; Stock awards, bonuses and options' attraction of managers; Demand for equity participation.
- Meldrum returns to AHF after five years. // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p1
Announces the appointment of John Meldrum as AHF's group manager.
- The headhunter's survival guide. Koolen, Gerard // Slovak Spectator;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p5
Deals with headhunting. Types of reaction over a headhunter; Reasons applicants change company of their own free will; Tips on closing a company against aggressive headhunters trying to contact people.
- Poaching people. Houston, James // Asian Pacific Post;10/16/2008, p19
The article discusses the concept of headhunting and focuses on approaches that can create an effective strategy to getting oneself headhunted.
- Scouting for scalps. Walsh, Anna // Accountancy;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1286, p49
Reports on the growth of the headhunting business in Great Britain in 2000. Factors contributing to the growth; Employees' reaction to headhunting; Most in demand sectors.
- Rethink strategies to cope with talent famine. // HR Magazine;Aug1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p22
Reports on a Hewitt Associates study on the impact of a shortage of qualified people on business growth. Employee retention and the lack of management capabilities as the major obstacles to growth; Key strategies used to attract, develop and retain the best executives; Pitfalls of hiring...
- Seller's market for talent gearing up. Willax, Paul A. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/17/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p42A
Discusses the factors that should be considered in recruiting qualified executives. Fringe benefits; Freedom in decision making; Stock or ownership options.
- How To Screen A Candidate For A Managerial Position. Clark, Scott // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/09/98, Vol. 45 Issue 41, p3C
Offers business owners advice on how to screen a candidate for a managerial position. Conduct of the initial screening interview; Non-disclosure agreement; Follow-up interviews.
- Campus mentis. Arkin, Anat // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the idea of headhunting undergraduates. Information on Moloney Search, a search consultant company; Headhunting techniques used in filling top management posts to lower-level jobs; Approaches to identifying suitable people for jobs; Effect of decline in the student grant;...