- Determining franchisee satisfaction. Naud é, Colleen // Finance Week;6/21/2002, p31
Details the methodology used in the 2002 'Finance Week' franchisee satisfaction survey in South Africa. Franchise groups which opted not to join the survey; Franchise categories used; Data collection and analysis.
- Training and research necessary. Naud é, Colleen // Finance Week;6/21/2002, p40
Discusses the trends in the franchise business in South Africa as of June 2002. Increase in the involvement of the government in the promotion of the franchise sector; Expansion of South African franchisors in African countries; Development of franchise training packages to aid prospective...
- Making the African Dream Happen. Naud é, Colleen // Finance Week;6/21/2002, p41
Discusses the findings of a survey by the African Development Bank on the franchising business in Africa. Growth of franchising in South Africa; Slow growth of franchising in the Ivory Coast and Morocco; Factor which hinders the growth of franchising in Egypt.
- The whole picture. // Finance Week;2/24/2003, p53
Focuses on the results of the Baseline report on franchises in South Africa. Aim of the study to provide an accurate overview of the effects of country's franchise industry on the economy, job creation and empowerment; Warning that certain categories should guard against saturation.
- Creating a New Vision for Franchises. Gray, Kevin // In Business;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
Features Chicago, Illinois-based Center for Neighborhood Technology. Pursuit of ways of using franchises for expanded objectives; Wet cleaning concept; Connections to owning a business.
- THE FAST & THE FRANCHISING. // Entrepreneur;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p100
Presents a list of the fastest growing franchises in the United States for the year 2002. Kumon North America Inc.; 7-Eleven Inc.; Curves for Women; Contact information of the companies; Description of the nature of business of the companies.
- March continues. Van Zyl, Joann // Finweek;9/9/2010, p12
The article discusses the trend towards the franchise format as an alternative means of corporate expansion for large businesses in South Africa.
- 5 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE TACKLING A FRANCHISE. // Finweek;11/4/2010, p12
The article presents the five questions that should be asked before entering a franchise.
- Franchisor turnover raises questions. Shubart, Ellen // Franchise Times;Feb97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
Presents the results of a survey on the rate of franchisor turnover in the United States. Investigation for so-called churning by franchisors; Definition of churning; Reasons why franchisors leave system; Suggestions for aiding franchisees; Profitability of individual franchisee rather than...
- THE PROS AND CONS OF FRANCHISING: TWO VIEWS. Cavaliere, Frank J.; Swerdlow, Marleen Roosth // Business Forum;Summer88, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p11
Presents two views about the pros and cons of franchising. Advantages and disadvantages to a franchisor; Franchisor practices and operating policies; Selection of franchisees; Franchise contract.