Urban Decay: A new wild child for Arnault's LVMH
- LVMH pulls off another beauty coup. Raper, Sarah; Ozzard, Janet; Weil, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/29/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 102, p11
Reports on the acquisition of perfumery chain Marie-Jeanne Godard by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton company. Concerns expressed by other manufacturers on the merger; Information on LVMH; Impact of the buyout; Mixed reactions of business executives on the move.
- And Now, YSL? LVMH in Talks To Buy Sanofi. Ozzard, Janet; Weil, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 113, p1
Announces the plans of Bernard Arnault, owner of several French fashion brands, to purchase the beauty and fashion business of Yves Saint Laurent (YSL). Details on the talks between Arnault's LVMH and Sanofi Beaute Group, owner of YSL; Sales of YSL in 1997; Operations of YSL. INSET: Sanofi's...
- Vuitton confirms new site for East 57th Street flagship. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/1/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 83, p15
Reports on Louis Vuitton's relocation of its New York City flagship store to East 57th Street.
- LVMH: Always in talks, but no deals on table. Weisman, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/10/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 46, p2
Reports on speculation that fashion firm LVMH Moet Hennesy Louis Vuitton SA is interested in pursuing strategic industrial alliances with non-French partners. Comments from the company's fashion group President Daniel Piette; Discussion between the company and other sportswear makers and...
- Kenzo's Madison Avenue comeback. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 59, p9
Reports on the strong traffic at Kenzo's store on Madison Avenue in New York City. Sales since opening on September 5, 1995; Best sellers in women's and men's apparel.
- Vuitton: A quality harvest. Weisman, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/11/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p10
Features France-based Louis Vuitton Malletier. Growth in the company's sales under the management of Yves Carcelle; Total sales of parent company LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton which are accounted for by the group; Celebration of the firm's 100th anniversary; Unveiling of exclusive designs;...
- Taking it to the bank. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/11/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the opening of Louis Vuitton's store on Place St. Germain des Pres in Paris, France. Designer of the store; Materials used; Division of the floors into separate areas to distinguish product groups or colors.
- Kenzo's Kashaya: Oriental with a difference. Aktar, Alev // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p4
Features Kenzo's Indian-inspired fragrance named Kashaya. Other fragrances inspired by India; Projected sales; Sales of other fragrances by Kenzo; Plans for print and television commercials; Pricing; Description of the fragrance.
- LVMH consolidated sales rise 19.6 percent in half. Deeney, Godfrey // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 31, p9
Reports on the sales performance of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton in the first half of 1994. Surge in sales of leather goods and luggage; Inability of production to meet demand.