TITLE

Specialists sell a wider mix of bedding

AUTHOR(S)
Perry, David
PUB. DATE
November 2007
SOURCE
Furniture/Today;2007 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 32, p22
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the findings from the retail bedding survey conducted by Furniture/Today in the U.S. The survey shows that furniture stores have only minimal sales in the specialty sleep categories of airbeds, waterbeds, and adjustable beds. On the other hand, bedding specialty retailers stated that innerspring bedding accounted for 60% of their bedding sales, with specialty sleep products making up the other 40%.
ACCESSION #
28526132

 

Related Articles

  • Treasure Troves. Zlotnick, Sarah // Washingtonian Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p122 

    The article presents information on twelve distinctive stores in the community of McLean and the town of Vienna, both in Fairfax County, Virginia, that offer such products as furniture, toys and clothing. Beekman Place is said to offer for sale a large selection of secondhand furniture, vintage...

  • Hermosa Beach. Wilson, Sara // Los Angeles Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p63 

    This article features several retail and service stores located at Hermosa Beach, California. The author recommends Lily Pad Floral Design for everyday bouquets. She also suggests to visit La Sosta Enoteca for curtains, farmhouse-style tables, and northern Italian dishes. In addition, the author...

  • Bedding specialty stores stars of Top 100.  // Furniture/Today;5/28/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p24 

    The article reports that the bedding specialty stores in the Top 100 U.S. furniture stores performed well in 2006. The ten bedding specialty stores showed a combined sales gain and store growth that markedly outpaced other subcategories in the Top 100 list. Some of the top bedding specialists in...

  • Specialists beat conventionals in sales growth. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/26/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p20 

    The article presents information on the performance of specialty stores in the Top 100 Furniture Stores in the U.S. in 2008. It cites that 28 specialty stores beat the sales growth rate of the larger conventional stores. According to the article, the specialists grew sales 2.4% to $11.2 million...

  • Great Danes.  // Architectural Digest;Feb2007, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p76 

    The article features the oldest furniture shop in Copenhagen, Denmark called Klassik Moderne Møbelkunst. Aside from the Danish Modern furniture for which the store is known, Klassik also has an extensive collection of Danish glass, ceramics and woodwork. The items are displayed in the...

  • AT HOME WITH STYLE. Arcila-Duque, Juan Carlos // Hispanic;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p32 

    The article features several furniture stores that offer wide options in home decoration in the U.S. including Fitzsu, Blackman Cruz, Shabby Chic and Mid-Century Pavilion.

  • Bedding specialty stores finally take a rest.  // Furniture/Today;5/26/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p22 

    The article presents information on the performance of bedding specialty stores in the Top 100 Furniture Stores in the U.S. It cites that 10 bedding stores combined a 3.4% sales increase to $2.95 billion in 2007. According to the article, the bedding specialists were beat in 2008 by the Top 10...

  • Sleep accessories offer opportunity. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;2007 Bedding Yearbook, Vol. 32, p27 

    The article reports on the growth opportunities for bedding retailers in the U.S. It stated that consumers hae displayed increasing interest in products that complement and protect their investment in new bedding. It asserted that sleep accessories are playing a vital and growing role in bedding...

  • Specialty stores capture one-third of bedding purchases.  // Furniture/Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p26 

    Presents data indicating that nearly one-third of all bedding purchases were made in specialty stores in 2002 and 2003. Furniture stores as leading channel for bedding purchases; Breakdown of mattress sizes purchased a specialty stores; Top bedding retailers; Figure for first-time household...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics