Children's Books Shine in Mixed Holiday Period
- Multichannel Bliss. Schultz, Ray // Direct;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p52
Presents the results of a survey conducted by DoubleClick Inc. as of March 1, 2004 on the growth of shopping channels during the 2003 holiday period. Percentage growth in catalog shopping; Percentage growth in Internet shopping; Percentage growth in multiple channel shopping; Percentage of the...
- Merchants gear up for Christmas frenzy. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/17/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p23
The article presents a survey conducted by the Retail Council of New York State on the 2007 sales of retailers during the holiday season. Nearly 60 percent of merchants surveyed are pleased with their sales throughout the holiday shopping season. More than half described their sales as better...
- DYNAMIC SALES TOP 1.5 MILLION. Walsh, Charlotte // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/13/2006, Issue 2738, p1
The article reports the survey on the summer holiday package sales for the year 2006. The survey was conducted by the travel agents of Thomas Cook and Holiday Brokers. Results reveal that 1.5 million summer holiday packages were sold and the growth was due to voluntary liquidation of Greece...
- MasterCard: Sales Slow to Modest. // Home Textiles Today;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the decline in the growth rate of national retail and service sales from May to June 2010 based from a MastercCard Advisors survey.
- There's No Scrimping on Pets. // MMR;2/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the market survey conducted by Packaged Facts Inc. which revealed that there is a 3% increase in the domestic sale of nonfood pet supplies in New York.
- DATAMONITOR VIEW. // MarketWatch: Personal Care;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the launch of a global brand campaign by Procter & Gamble Co. brand Gillete, the sustainable packaging trend in Great Britain, and the results of the consumer survey in Australia.
- NTF survey: Turkey sales up as protein's menu use grows. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p94
Reports on the increase of turkey sales within the foodservice industry according to a survey conducted by the National Turkey Federation. Reflection of continuation of the product's growth pattern within the restaurant industry; Factors causing the increase in sales; Enumeration of the...
- Simmons Analysis: Checking Up On Children's Books. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the results of the survey regarding the consistent buyers of children's books in 2009 in the U.S. It states that the number of adults who bought children's books declined both in real numbers and in terms of percentage. It notes that about 46.2 million of 220.1 million...
- Holiday Retail Sales Have Risen For Past Nine Years. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 41, pB8
Presents a chart depicting the continuous increase in holiday retail sales in the U.S. from 1989 to 1999.