JAX OUTDOOR GEAR, FORT COLLINS, CO
- Athletic Shoe Shops. Herold, Ann // Los Angeles Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p72
The author features several athletic shoe shops located in Los Angeles, California. She recommends ZJ Boarding House for skateboarders looking for their footwear. She suggests to visit Phidippides for shoes for joggers and racers. She also suggests Tradition that focuses solely on suburban...
- EUROPEAN EDGE. Anniss, Elisa // FN: Footwear News;1/31/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p110
Provides information on several shoe stores in Europe. Anatomica in Paris, France; Shoon lifestyle stores in London, England; Natural Shoe Store in London, England.
- French Baliston Stakes First Claim to U.S. Retailing. Anniss, Elisa // FN: Footwear News;6/7/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 22, p6
Focuses on the move by the France-based Baliston company to penetrate the U.S. footwear market. Launching of the company's sport-shoe store in the Orange County, California; Plan of the company to expand its shoe store in Santa Monica; Total sales of the company in 2003.
- Sure Footing. Westby, Elizabeth // Atlanta;Dec2008, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p48
The article presents information on the SoShoelite Shoe Lounge located in Inman Park, Atlanta, Georgia. The boutique offers various shoe designs including strappy stilettos, wicker-heeled wedges and distressed-leather cowboy boots. The available items are mostly international labels, with prices...
- STARRING MOMENTS. Sammon, Lindsay E.; Windsor, Clair // FN: Footwear News;4/21/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p12
The article presents an update on the "Footwear News" (FN) Shoe Star contest. Seven contestants from the Fashion Institute of Technology signed on in January 2008 to compete in a series of six challenges for a one-year design job at Nine West, the lead sponsor of FN Shoe Star. The first three...
- SHOP TALK. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;7/19/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 28, p15
Presents an update on issues related to the footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 19, 2004. Renovation of the South Coast Plaza shop of Roxy in Costa Mesa, California; Establishment of a Marmi store branch in New York.
- Fashion chains show shoe shops a clean pair of heels. Woods, Sarah // Design Week;12/7/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the declining market for shoe shops, while high street fashion retailers are cashing in, according to research published by Mintel in Great Britain. The report shows an increase in spending on footwear by 38% since 2001, with anticipated sales increase by 17% between...
- Action Reel. Verry, Peter // FN: Footwear News;11/16/2015, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p32
The article discusses the marketing strategy of the shoe store Extra Butter located in the U.S. state New York. Topics covered include the 48% sales increase from 2014, the use of promotion in introducing brand collaborations, and the initiative to lessen the number of releases in the future and...
- Sports-Licensed Jewelry and Gifts. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Feb2012, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p120
The article discusses the inventory strategies of some college bookstores that sell sports-licensed jewelry and gifts. According to John Parry of Colorado State in Fort Collins, the store do well with gift items like coffee mugs, water bottles and key chains, the cheaper items appeal to students...