- Step forward in athletic footwear. Pargh, Andy // Design News;9/25/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p218
Features the design concepts in the athletic footwear industry. Aero USA's air-ventilated sports shoes; Kaepa's Brace's incorporation of ankle brace to athletic shoes; Converse's R.A.W. energy for basketball; L.A. Gear's Wayne Gretzky model; Reebok's Leader DMX.
- Performance as Fashion: Retailers See Tech Looks Gaining Ground in '05. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;12/13/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 49, p10
Presents news briefs on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of December 2004. Plan of footwear manufacturers to introduce technology in athletic shoes; Impact of higher-priced technical footwear on retail prices; Advantage of the infusion of technology to athletic shoes price points.
- Warm Front. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p40
Several photographs of athletic shoes including products from DC Shoes, K-Swiss, and Bensimon are presented.
- Athletic footwear's kick. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p18
Reports on athletic footwear manufacturers' growing success in the women's market with new sport-specific styles and high-performance product offerings. Boom in sales of athletic footwear; Women's annual expenditures on athletic footwear; Sneaker sales.
- Why we're all wearing trainers. Marsh, Harriet // Marketing (00253650);2/15/2001, p19
Analyzes the performance of the trainer shoes of the major sports footwear companies in Great Britain. Percentage of consumers purchasing the shoes in the basis of their fashion appeal; Factors affecting the marketability of the white trainer; Consequences of promoting the footwear as fashion...
- Shoe trends this fall. Wischnia, Bob; Carrozza, Paul // Runner's World;Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the trends in the athletic footwear industry of the United States. Expansion of the trail-shoe category; Influence of sporting good chains; Price trends. INSETS: Shoes on the Web.;Definitions of common terms..
- Athletic's High-Tech Push. // FN: Footwear News;12/13/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 49, p1
Presents an overview of articles on market trends in athletic shoes in the U.S. as of December 2004.
- The Bionic Plan. // National Geographic Adventure;Feb2005, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the development of a new smart shoe A1 by Adidas Corp. It adjusts its cushioning to suit an individual's stride. The A1 is the latest in a string of technologies â€” ergonomic designs, terrain-specific running shoes, heart rate monitors â€” that make training...
- Sole Technology Streamlines to Tap Widening Market. HAMANAKA, KARI // Orange County Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p1
The article focuses on expansion of the skate shoe and apparel company, Sole Technology Inc. It states that the research backbone which the company believes, gives it a useful edge over other skate shoe brands that moved from Lake Forest to China in 2011 to get closer to the manufacturing...