Executives Urge Students to "Get in the Game"
- Free job placement aids strained firms. Shamoon, Sherrie // Crain's New York Business;10/25/93, Vol. 9 Issue 43, p50
Reports on small companies's contacting of college career placement offices to fill up job vacancies. Free job-referral services; Bypassing of headhunter fees; Avoiding deluge of newspaper advertisement responses; Screening and matching of services; Placement of merger casualties.
- DO CORPORATIONS REALLY WANT LIBERAL ARTS GRADS? Sturman, Emanuel // Management Review;Sep86, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p57
Discusses the capabilities of and need for liberal arts graduates in business in the United States. Inclusion of industry leaders who are themselves products of liberal educations; Importance of the ability to think independently and creatively in management.
- Recruiting a fresh perspective. Sanborn, Stephanie // InfoWorld;05/29/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p67
Gives pieces of advice on how to attract college graduates into the information technology sector in the United States. Status of unemployment rate in the sector; Chief concerns of graduating seniors; Information on the preferences of graduates when looking for work.
- Many College Career Centers Don't Get a Passing Grade. GAUL, PATTY // T+D;Jun2014, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the results of a survey of more than 4,000 college students and recent graduates from 700 universities around the U.S. in January to February 2014 to determine their thoughts on career service centers. It was found that 61 percent do not think that the centers are effective...
- THE SGB QUESTION. Nimmons, Julie; Hoff, Jim; Saunders, Rusty; Caravati, Ken; Lozner, Charles; Philion, Bob; Cousins, Brian; Gagner, Paul // SGB;Jun2008, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p52
The article provides several answers to a question of how to improve the recruitment process in the sporting goods industry.
- MARRYING STUDENTS AND EMPLOYERS. Hinds, Katherine // Management Review;Apr85, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p60
Discusses issues in the recruitment of new employees from the fresh crop of college seniors in the United States, which can eventually result in mutually satisfying relationships. Career counseling; Career awareness and planning; Steps companies can take to enhance their relationships with...
- Securing your company's biggest asset in a slowing economy: recruiting the best and brightest. Allen, John // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/7/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p9
The article offers advice on how employers can keep their recruiting strategies successful even in unfavorable economic conditions. A company can have proactive recruiting endeavor by maintaining a database of qualified candidates even when no position needs to be filled. It also pays to develop...
- Fuentes tapped as Nautica marketing vp. // Home Textiles Today;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the appointment of Chris Fuentes as vice president of marketing by Nautica Enterprises Inc. Responsibilities of Fuentes; Contribution of Fuentes to the company; Career background.
- The Socializational Effect of the On-campus Recruiting Phase of the Placement Process. Schmutte, James // Issues in Accounting Education;Fall87, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p292
This study investigates student attitudes concerning public accounting firms as employers and the informational value of the on-campus interviewing phase of the recruiting process. Eighty-six accounting seniors were surveyed, both prior to and following the fall recruiting period, to assess...