Kaiser-Permanente to study natural migraine reliever
- Aspirin + warfarin boosts bleeding. // Cortlandt Forum;May2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the findings of the clinical trial involving combination therapy patients, conducted by Samuel G. Johnson and colleagues from Kaiser Permanente in the U.S. The investigators conducted an analysis involving 2,560 adults treated with anticoagulant warfarin and 1,623...
- Kaiser: Clinical trials cost slightly more. // AHA News;01/24/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the results of study by Kaiser Permanente, released in January 2000, on the cost of medical care for cancer patients enrolled in clinical trials in the United States. Medical care costs for patients participating in clinical trials and those not in a trial; Significance of the...
- Kaiser to pay family. // Business Insurance;12/22/97, Vol. 31 Issue 52, p42
Offers a look at Kaiser Permanente who is paying $5.35 million to the family of a man who died in one of Kaiser's Texas clinics. Details on a non-binding jury trial; What jurors are unaware of.
- Kaiser Permanente battles fallout from anthrax epidemic. Wechsler, Jill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on Kaiser Permanente company war against fallout from anthrax epidemic in the United States. Misdiagnosis of an anthrax victim by Kaiser; Statement from the company on the issue of misdiagnosis; Statements from Kaiser medical director Adrian Long on the integrity of Kaiser clinicians.
- Executive Spotligh/ Nathaniel Oubre. // San Diego Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p33
Reports on the recruitment of Nathaniel Oubre as senior vice president of Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, California. Career history; Job responsibilities.
- Kaiser inks pact with AFL-CIO. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;05/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p83
Celebrates the ending of a dispute between Kaiser Permanente and the American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organization (AFL-CIO) union. Agreements formed; Other problems faced by Kasier.
- Kaiser's squeeze play. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;05/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p37
Offers a look at a series of initiative by Kaiser Permanente, a health maintenance organization, which is aimed at improving the company's financial performance. Reference to a $270 million loss by Kaiser; Indications that Kaiser may sell off or spin off parts of its money losing health plans;...
- Dispatch Dispute. Navarro, Leonard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2000, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p26
Reports the controversy on the plan of Kaiser Permanente company to route nonemergency ambulance calls through a dispatcher. Information on the ambulance call plan; Significance of the plan; Comment from George Burke, spokesperson for the International Association of Firefighters.
- Kaiser unions OK pact with AFL-CIO. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;06/09/97, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p30
Reports that Union workers at Kaiser Permanente have voted to endorse the health maintenance organization's (HMO) agreement with the America Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). Terms and conditions of a partnership involving the workers; Focus of the Senior...