The Promise Of Wireless Data
- 3G transmits a positive message. Maucksch, Thomas // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2000, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the development of global in-channel TX test in the third generation wireless networks. Incorporation of the global in-channel TX test on the universal mobile telecommunications system test specialization; Characteristics of the parameters with digitally modulated transmitter;...
- VERIZON WIRELESS INTRODUCES MOBILE MESSENGER. // RBOC Update;Sep2001, p2
Reports on Verizon Wireless' offering of the Mobile MessengerSM, a two-way text messaging service, to customers in greater Denver, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins, Colorado. Use of digital wireless handsets for exchange of messages; Availability of packages for messaging enthusiasts.
- The digital evolution in wireless world. Reynolds, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/25/98, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p12B
Reports on the increasing popularity of wireless communication devices in Long Island, New York. Convenience and effectiveness as means of communication; Role of digital technology to meet growing demands for wireless gadgets; Description of how digital technology works.
- Wireless quality: A ticking time bomb? Baugh, C.R. // Telephony;03/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on digital wireless communication system providers' efforts to address a variety of quality issues. Toll-quality voice; Modem usage; Switch interoperability; Highway speed; Cell size; Multiple technologies; Personal access communications systems; Voice mail; Delay in speech path;...
- International carriers drop analog. // Wireless Review;07/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p12
Provides information on several wireless communication carriers that have announced to terminate their analog networks in favor of digital coverage. Number of analog networks to be closed by Koninklijke PTT Telecom; Japanese carriers that made similar announcements.
- By any other name, it's still digital wireless. Hesse, Dan // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p88
Contends that telecommunication customers care less about the competition among three digital wireless standards than they do about the ability of such technologies to deliver what they promise. Common features of the three digital technologies; Customers' demand for value, improved battery...
- Fly me to the moon. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;02/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p9
Discusses issues pertaining to the practicality of third generation digital wireless technology. Lack of customer clamor for exotic new features in wireless devices; Implementation of second generation standards and equipment; Cost issue.
- Digital wireless reseller to have 12 Utah cell sites operational by Dec. 1. Jones, Lam // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/20/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p3
Reports the expansion of cell sites of Sprint digital wireless reseller UbiquiTel company in Utah. Details on the expansion plans; Information on the company; Focus on retailing and direct selling.
- Run, don't walk, to data. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p12
No abstract available.
- Cordless technology and mobility: DECT's rising role in CAS. Quilez, Vicente // Telecom Asia;Nov95, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on the role of digital exchange cordless telephony (DECT) and the personal handyphone system (PHS) in cordless technology and mobility. User and operator expectations; DECT elements; Flexibility of frequency use; Generic access profile; Cordless architecture; Cordless services and...