Enterprising Women of Wireless
- Glass ceiling? What glass ceiling? Seidsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p8
Profiles San Diego, California-based WaveWare Communications Inc. co-founder, president and chief executive officer Martha Dennis. Influence in pursing the sciences; Educational attainment; Career history; WaveWare's business operations.
- Hedgehogging. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p14
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on Arlene Harris and Jay Kitchen as inductees into the Wireless Hall of Fame, and another article about the Virgin Festival of Virgin Mobile USA to be held in August 2007.
- SAR: How Useful Is It? Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p1
Reports that wireless phone manufacturers in the United States will begin posting specific absorption rate (SAR) data on handset packaging for health purposes by August 2000. Information on SAR; Remarks from Kathy MacLean, president of APREL Laboratories; Main problem the industry has with a...
- Mixed Messages. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p12
The article discusses the findings of PAR Initiative Survey about the percentage of women working in the cable industry, conducted by Women in Cable Telecommunications in the U.S. The survey showed that the percentage of women has reached 44.3% in the business-to-business operations of the cable...
- Former Ram Harris hosts running back showcase. Uptain, Greg // West County Journal;2/1/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pC3
The article focuses on the hosting of the Star 33 High School Running Back Showcase by former Rams running back and kick returner Arlen Harris in St. Charles, Missouri in 2012.
- PHILADELPHIA GIRL PREACHER. // Ebony;Jun1951, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p22
The article profiles nine-year-old African American licensed minister Reverend Arlene Harris of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- ARLENE SAYS SHE HAD FIRST 'CALL' FROM GOD AT AGE OF 6. // Ebony;Jun1951, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p25
The article relates that nine-year-old African-American preacher Reverend Arlene Harris of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania had her first call from God when she was six years old.
- Influential WOMEN OF WIRELESS. // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p38
Profiles several women executives working in the telecommunication sector. Sharon Armbrust of Paul Kagan Associates Inc.; Jo-Anne Basile fo CTIA; Mary Brooner of Motorola; Mary Chan of Lucent; Viola Chung of Repeater Technologies.
- Top Telecom Spots Lack Women. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p8
Highlights the report by Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania on the shortage of female telecommunication executives. Need to broaden recruitment efforts; Need for programs to provide venture capital for women entrepreneurs; Significance of the report to...