Editors Look At The Road Ahead
- C-Block PCS: On The Verge Of A Notice. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the plasma-current switch (PCS) spectrum for businesses. Views of PCS carriers with C- and F-Block licenses; Petition filed by Sprint and US West for PCS licenses.
- FCC Plans New Spectrum Cap Rules Before Year-end. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p142
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch a rule-making to reconsider the need for frequency spectrum aggregation limits in telecommunication industry. Decision of the FCC on the 45 megahertz spectrum cap; Recommendations from the Wireless...
- Possible competitive bidding process improvements discussed. Wayne, Debra // RCR;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission appears to be unable to establish an auction plan for the telecommunications industry on which all parties can agree. Areas of contentions; Factors which resulted in a lack of financial success of F-block personal and wireless...
- A lesson in growth. Brothers, Art // America's Network;03/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p54
Provides information about telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on the policy of the federal communications commission (FCC) on independent telephone companies.
- Carriers Gear Up For Number Portability. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p20
Highlights the preparation of wireless companies for the deadline of number portability capabilities given by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Functions of number portability; Details on the cost analysis conducted by Airadigm Communications Inc; Why wireless companies need...
- Paying For Numbers. // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p8
No abstract available.
- Fair play in technology. Gallt, Jack J. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the implementing rules made by the United States Federal Communciations Commission (FCC) under the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Provisions in the law that call for affordable access to telecommunications services for schools and libraries; Importance for the FCC to address the...
- Throw Another on the Bundle. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;11/22/99, Vol. 237 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission in adding line sharing to the list of unbundled network elements that carriers must offer. Reaction of competitive carriers to the ruling; Conditions set by incumber carriers; Requirements to DSL companies; Pros and cons...
- Why close cable? Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;06/28/99, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p42
Focuses on the implication of the United States Federal Communications Commission's reluctance to require cable companies to provide the kind of open access required of phone companies. Confusion in the stance of the commission about the issue; Purpose of AT&T Corp. for avoiding to do business...