Editors Look At The Road Ahead
- Carriers Gear Up For Number Portability. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p20
Highlights the preparation of wireless companies for the deadline of number portability capabilities given by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Functions of number portability; Details on the cost analysis conducted by Airadigm Communications Inc; Why wireless companies need...
- C-Block PCS: On The Verge Of A Notice. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the plasma-current switch (PCS) spectrum for businesses. Views of PCS carriers with C- and F-Block licenses; Petition filed by Sprint and US West for PCS licenses.
- Possible competitive bidding process improvements discussed. Wayne, Debra // RCR;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission appears to be unable to establish an auction plan for the telecommunications industry on which all parties can agree. Areas of contentions; Factors which resulted in a lack of financial success of F-block personal and wireless...
- A lesson in growth. Brothers, Art // America's Network;03/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p54
Provides information about telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on the policy of the federal communications commission (FCC) on independent telephone companies.
- FCC Plans New Spectrum Cap Rules Before Year-end. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p142
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch a rule-making to reconsider the need for frequency spectrum aggregation limits in telecommunication industry. Decision of the FCC on the 45 megahertz spectrum cap; Recommendations from the Wireless...
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Presents news briefs on the rules made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on wireless communication systems and the wireless telecommunication industry as of May 20, 2002. Fines imposed by the FCC on AT & T Wireless; Vote by the FCC on what kind of equipment can be used to...
- editor's page. // National Real Estate Investor;10/01/2000, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p76
Questions the forced building access rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Discussion on the rule; Implications of the access rule to the telecommunications industry.
- Required reading. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p70
Editorial. Comments on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) annual biennial review of rules in the United States. Views of the author regarding the failure of FCC to justify the decision on cross-ownership rule; Occurrence of digital revolution across the communications industries; Need...
- All I Want For Christmas Is Spectrum. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p3
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) proposed rules for auction of the 746-806 megahertz mixed-use band will be out by December 1999. Request of telecommunication groups to the FCC; Reason the band manager concept presents a conflict of interest.