Quietly Influencing The Future Of Handsets
- Pixo pictures access beyond today's WAP protocol. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p7
Reports on Pixo Inc.'s development of a software platform for mobile phones.
- Speaking in Code. G. B. // Adweek;9/12/2016, Vol. 57 Issue 29, p22
The article offers information on the Barintree, mobile payments service from Paypal Inc.
- PayPal Says Its Mobile Efforts Are Paying Off. Bell, Stephanie // American Banker;1/21/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F303, p5
The article reports that customers are using electronic commerce business PayPal Inc.'s payment services from mobile phones. John Donahoe, president and chief executive of Internet auction company EBay Inc., discusses mobile payments.
- PayPal Shifts Focus of Website. Sposito, Sean // American Banker;3/13/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 39, p10
The article announces online payments company PayPal Inc. is redesigning its smartphone application software and website to give more attention to its point of sale payment system.
- PAYPAL ENTERS CELLPHONE PAYMENTS GAME. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p6
This article reports on a service introduced by PayPal for its account holders in the U.S., Canada and Great Britain as of March 2006. The service will allow its clients to use their cellular telephones to make purchases, deposit funds in a friend or a family member's PayPal account, and give to...
- Money On The Move. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;4/22/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 16, p5
The article reports that online payment specialist PayPal has introduced PayPal Mobile to North America, a wireless version of its service that allows users to buy goods and exchange money using their phones. Universal Music Group and MTV are supporting the technology. Universal will use PayPal...
- Britons ready to turn their backs on technology. Goldie, Luan // New Media Age;2/1/2007, p11
The article discusses a report from online payments provider PayPal that showed that British citizens are in danger of becoming the most technology illiterate people in the world. The survey reported that over half of the 1,010 Britons surveyed said that they felt technology had become too...
- PayPal charges into m-commerce. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the launch of a service from PayPal Inc. that allows users to make purchases and send or receive funds via wireless phones. Wireless subscribers can use the offering to send money to other registered PayPal members by sending a text message to the company. PayPal will...
- Skills mobility. Varrall, Geoff // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p41
Emphasizes the importance of skills integration in the design of third generation mobile telephones. Dispute between radio frequency and digital signal processing design engineers; Dispute between software and hardware designers; Suggestions on how to address skills integration.