Stolen Vehicles, Telematics And LoJack
- LoJack system aims to keep car thieves in check. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p2
Provides information on LoJack Corp.'s terrestrial-based stolen vehicle recovery system, a wireless technology that can track the location of a stolen car and speed its recovery time.
- CV telematics conference. // Motor Transport;6/8/2006, p22
The article reports on the limited use of stolen vehicle recovery system. The reasons behind the reluctance of police to disable vehicles using telematics-based recovery systems are mentioned. The advantages offered by telematics to commercial vehicle operators are cited. The cost of vehicle...
- LoJack Plans Low-Cost Telematics Unit. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p28
Reports that LoJack Corp. has announced an agreement with Wireless Link Inc. to develop and design a telematics product.
- Six agencies hope to put a lock on LoJack. Weisend, Tom // Adweek Western Edition;4/22/96, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p45
Reports that six advertising agencies are preparing to make capabilities presentations for the advertising account of LoJack, maker of auto recovery systems. Advertising agencies competing for the account; Advertising needs of LoJack; Products of LoJack.
- Northants cuts HGV freight thefts by 37%. Tindall, Chris // Motor Transport;4/5/2010, p6
The article reports on the statement that Northants, England Police claimed to reduce truck freight thefts by 37 percent.
- New window panels protect vans. Powell Jr., Arlyn S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jul96, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p69
Reports on Network Communications Technology Inc.'s use of ClearChoice Marketing Inc.'s one-way window screen in its vans to prevent thefts. Features of the screen.
- Parts marking draws near for trucks. Gates, Max // Automotive News;8/1/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5563, p18
Reports on the federal government's parts-marking rule to prevent the theft of trucks and light vehicles in the United States. Availability of a hidden vehicle identification number; Federal law requiring parts marking on cars with high theft rates; Need for safety officials to define...
- Stopping auto thefts: We need your help. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p42
Calls for the help of the residents in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, to help prevent automobile break-ins and thefts. Number of vehicle thefts and break-ins recorded in the parish in 1996; Comments from Lieutenant Glenn Toca, of the Sheriff's Department; Advice given to residents.
- Putting the squeeze on car thieves and chop shops. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p42
Focuses on the commitment of the author to decrease vehicle thefts in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Link between vehicular thefts and chop shops; Plans of the author; How the residents can help decrease vehicular theft.