One Giant Leap For Mobile Satellite
- Globalstar USA Introduces Satellite Phone Service. // Tele-Service News;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the Globalstar satellite phone service introduced by Walnut Creek, California-based Globalstar USA for customers in the United States on a limited basis.
- Globalstar preps satellite phone. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p152
Focuses on Globalstar USA's plan to exhibit a Qualcomm-made satellite phone.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Feb2000, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the rollout of Globalstar satellite phone services offered by Globalstar USA in the United States. Benefit offered by the service to customers; Pricing plan for the service.
- Stranger at the Door. BUSSE, ART // Humanist;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p35
The author reflects on the July 20, 1969 moon landing. He provides a personal narrative of his experience watching the televised broadcast of astronaut Neil Armstrong walk on the moon at a stranger's home in Ohio. In addition, he discusses the communal feeling of the world following the landing...
- Globalstar Rises as Iridium Sinks. // Export Today's Global Business;Apr2000, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the performance of companies that are offering satellite telephone services as of April 2000. Bankruptcy of Iridium LLC; Launch of GlobalStar USA; Capabilities of satellite phones.
- Globalstar USA goes commercial. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;03/06/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p22
Reports that Globalstar USA has launched its commercial wireless communications services in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Date its international roaming service is set to begin; Details on the three pricing plans offered by Globalstar in the US; List of the countries where Globalstar has...
- FCC Should Be Fair To WCS. Schwartz, Randall // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p3
Suggests that the rights of wireless communication service (WCS) license holders should not infringe in favor of satellite digital audio radio (SDARS) licensees' demands. SDARS demands by SDARS operators XM Satellite Radio Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.; Proposals that would promote the...
- Space jam. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the importance of satellite in wireless communication in Asia. Satellite project of Vietnam; Interference of the satellite to Japanese and Tongan signals; Consequences in launching another satellite.
- Competition takes to the skies. Morri, Aldo // Telephony;11/10/97, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p48
Reports that low earth orbiting satellites will stiffen wireless competition in both narrow and wide-band communications according to a SRI Consulting study. Possible price war in wireless voice services; Plan of American and European companies to launch satellites; Sustainable advantage of...