Surprise! Customers Want Lower Rates, Better Networks
- Managing the Matrix. Robison, Jennifer // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/28/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that an online poll by the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" and the "Las Vegas Business Press" found that businesspeople cannot live without their cell phones, personal digital assistants, and e-mail accounts, stating that these personal technologies have affected every aspect of...
- Risky Business: Californians Implicate Cellular Use As Real Road Hazard. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;09/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p26
Details the result of a survey conducted by the Field Institute about the risk posed by using cellular telephone while driving. Comparison of respondents' opinions; Other findings of the survey; Safe driving tips offered by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association.
- THE POPSCI OPINION POLL. // Popular Science;Oct2003, Vol. 263 Issue 4, p36
The article provides reader response to the opinion poll posted at the Website Popsci.com from July 28, 2003 to August 12, 2003. The poll informed people that location-based cellphone games would be launched in the U.S. in 2003. It asked people if they would sign up for a service that could...
- Full Circle. Spethmann, Betsy // Promo;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p88
Presents several telephones. Cellular phones; Collection of phones; Cordless phones.
- Now, Dial an E-Mail. Kirschner, Suzzane Kantra; Everett, Jenny // Popular Science;Aug2002, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p18
Provides information on intercarrier messaging, which allows sending text messages directly to any cellular telephone number.
- U.S. Marketers Turn to Text Messaging in Big Way. Der Pool, Lisa Van // Adweek Eastern Edition;12/8/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p9
Spurred on by new regulations and the ever-present need to target young consumers, the U.S. marketers are beginning to recognize the marketing possibilities of cell-phone text messaging. They are increasingly exploring new initiatives, with both Coca-Cola and Procter & Gamble recently launching...
- Musical Mobiles. Russell, Mark // Newsweek;9/8/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 10, pE12
Reports that teenagers in Korea are able to program their cellular phones to ring differently for different callers so they know who is calling. Increase use of mobile-phone music downloading services.
- HOUSTON, WE HAVE ROAMING CHARGES. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;4/22/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p24
Presents statistics on U.S. cities with the most cellular phone penetration as of April 22, 2002.
- polling booth results. // Westchester County Business Journal;02/05/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
Presents a public opinion poll on the use of cellular telephones during driving. Dominance of the suggestion on the removal of restrictions; Prohibition on the use of the device; Utilization of hands-free devices.