Internet: Embrace Me
- BAM Joins Ranks For Wireless Internet Subs. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p22
Provides information on Bell Atlantic Mobile's (BAM) launching of the Web Access service in its East Coast markets. Comments from Deb Carroll, BAM vice president for marketing; Comparison between BAM and Sprint PCS; Views of Sprint PCS spokesman Tom Murphy on the expected competition.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
Presents a graph of airtime pricing model of wireless communication systems operators in major cities in the United States. AT&T Wireless Services; Bell Atlantic Mobile Analog; Sprint PCS.
- News briefs. // RCR;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
Reports on developments concerning the wireless communications industry in the United States as of March 22, 1999. Includes Omnipoint Corp.'s receipt of proposals from potential strategic equity investors; Projected number of customers that Sprint PCS will gain during the first quarter of 1999;...
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of October 11, 1999. Online service launched by Bell Atlantic Mobile Inc.; Number of customers added by Vodafone AirTouch plc from July-September 1999.
- Bell Atlantic Mobile gets results with pricing. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p19
Cites the increase in digital customer service activations of Bell Atlantic Mobile in the three months since it launched the DigitalChoice SingleRate pricing plan in 1998. Monthly access pricing under the plan.
- Briefs. // Network World;08/25/97, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p19
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems Inc.'s unveiling of its AirBridge Internet Access service, called the Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) service.
- BAM offers flattened data rates. // Telephony;08/25/97, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p40
Reports that Bell Atlantic Mobile is offering a $53.95 flat monthly rate for its AirBridge Internet Access service.
- Digital carriers get aggressive with on-demand data. Palechar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p30
Reports on cellular communications carriers' offering of on-demand Internet content to digital telephone users. Bell Atlantic Mobile Inc.'s partnership with Sprint PCS to offer the said services; AT&T Corp.'s plans to offer a pair of digital TDMA quad-mode telephones that will be the first...
- BAM names WISP authorized value-added customer. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p25
Reports that Bell Atlantic Mobile has named Wireless Internet Solutions Provider Inc. as an authorized value-added customer.