Viterbi Hangs It Up At Qualcomm
- Before Qualcomm: Linkabit and the Origins of San Diego's Telecom Industry. West, Joel // Journal of San Diego History;Winter/Spring2009, Vol. 55 Issue 1/2, p1
The article features the lives and works of Irwin M. Jacobs and Andrew J. Viterbi, co-founders of Qualcomm Inc., as well as their contribution to the history of San Diego's telecommunication industry in California. It states that Jacobs and Viterbi spent their childhood in New England and...
- The quiet revolutionary. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
Profiles Andrew Viterbi, co-founder and vice chairman of Qualcomm. Credibility and business philosophy; Personal and career solution.
- Hundt tells CDMA congress Europe may come around on 3G. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p2
Reports on visits by Irwin Jacobs, chairman of Qualcomm Incorporated, to Europe, in an effort to retain allies for the cdmaOne technology standards. What the European Telecommunications Standards Institute's proposals are based on; Reason for a meeting between Qualcomm and government officials;...
- Jacob tells his side of 3G story. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p9
Presents an interview with Irwin Jacobs, chairman of Qualcomm Incorporated, on third generations technology. Role Jacobs played in having the Code Division Multiple Access technology accepted by wireless establishments in the United States; Information on a trip Jacobs made to Europe; What...
- High-tech was more hospitable than hotel career. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p8
Profiles San Diego, Calif.-based wireless telecommunications company Qualcomm Inc. chairman and CEO Irwin Jacobs. Interest in chamber music; Supporter of the arts; Personal background; Educational background; Decision to switch from hospitality industry career to a career in high technology;...
- Irwin Jacobs Makes List of 400 Wealthiest Americans. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/6/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p6
The article announces the inclusion of global semiconductor company Qualcomm Inc. co-founder and retired chairman Irwin Jacobs as the only San Diegan to make it to the Forbes' list of the 400 wealthiest Americans.
- Qualcomm co-founder Viterbi to retire. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p29
Reports on Qualcomm Inc. co-founder and vice chairman Dr. Andrew Viterbi's plan to retire in March 2000. Reasons for Viterbi's retirement; Career accomplishments.
- Jacobs Set to Step Down From Qualcomm Board. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
The article announces that Qualcomm Inc. co-founder Irwin M. Jacobs will leave his position on the company's board on December 20, 2011.
- Industry endorses Qualcomm's phone technology. Fikes, Bradley J. // San Diego Business Journal;7/26/93, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the endorsement of San Diego, California-based Qualcomm Inc.'s Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) digital cellular telephone technology by the Telecommunications Industry Association. Equal status with Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) technology; Comparison; Market.