China CDMA Rumors Swirl
- Qualcomm Stock Reacts to China News. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p8
Reports that the China Unicom has ordered telecommunications equipment based on the wireless standard, the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Impact of equipment orders on the stock performance of the Qualcomm Inc., a pioneer in the CDMA and holder of patents on the technology;...
- China Unicom abandons cdmaOne plans. Weiss, Ed // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p18
Reports that China Unicom has cancelled its plan to build a second generation Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network. Reason cited by the company for cancelling the plan; Rumors concerning the real reason for the move; Implications of the decision for Qualcomm Inc.'s plan to deploy CDMA...
- Differentiation will yield China's high-end customers. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the code division multiple access (CDMA) network launched by China Unicom in 2002. Significance of the CDMA2000 1x data services of China Unicom; Characteristics of the CDMA network.
- Chinese gov't close to accepting cdmaOne standard. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the Chinese government's plan of allowing China Unicom to deploy a code division multiple access (CDMA) network. China's adoption of the Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications as the country's technology; Aim of fair competition between Unicom and state-run China Telecom using...
- China Unicom CDMA deployment remains delayed. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p37
Reports that China Unicom's planned deployment of code division multiple access (CDMA) telecommunication technology in China remains delayed. Reason behind the delay in the company's deployment of CDMA technology; Details regarding the previous efforts made by the company in deploying such...
- Stop and go. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/30/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 18, p32
Reports on the plan of China Unicom to deploy code division multiple access (CDMA). Expectation from the deployment of CDMA technology; Issue that affected the plans for CDMA deployments; Royalty deals signed by Qualcomm with China's telecommunications vendors. INSET: Competition Watch.
- Qualcomm's China blues continue. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Jul2000, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p18
Reports on code division multiple access (CDMA) provider Qualcomm Inc.'s problems in China. Cancellation of the deal with China Unicom; Speculations on whether or not China Unicom will adopt the CDMA standard; Competition for Qualcomm's licensing deals with Chinese manufacturers.
- A Dubious Victory For CDMA. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p28
Deals with wireless handset introduced by China Unicom that can run on code division multiple access (CDMA) networks. Design and features of the device; Benefits of the device to CDMA operators; Prospects of Qualcomm for CDMA technology.
- China Unicom Launches CDMA Mobile Network. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on a code division multiple access mobile network introduced by China Unicom. The network will offer customers 2.5G services that will carry streaming audio and video in addition to voice capabilities. Unicom aims to expand the network within three years. The Chinese...