Iridium's Path: Sell Or Regroup
- Iridium offers investors equity as payment. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the financial restructuring plan of bankrupt telecommunication firm Iridium LLC. Details of the shareholder repayment plan; Disadvantages of the plan; Assessment of Iridium's financial assets and liabilities.
- Customers Wanted -- Fast. Ernsberger, Richard; Levine, Steve // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);08/02/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 134 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on summer 1999 efforts to save satellite telecommunication company Iridium. Chief executive John Richardson's strategy; Motorola's stake in the company and role in the company's problems; Target market and failure of the November 1998 advertising campaign; Costs and limits of service;...
- Who controls your telephone number? Cahill, Joseph B. // Crain's Chicago Business;02/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the importance of number portability in competition in the communications industry. Reference to a system of changing local telephone companies without changing telephone numbers; Comments from Richard Parker, director of telecommunications at Allied Van Lines Incorporated; Details...
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;10/30/95, Vol. 229 Issue 18, p1
Reports on developments related to telephone companies in the United States as of October 30, 1995. Trends in telephone industry; Praising of FCC's Reed Hundt and Rep. Markey for their positions on the V-chip and educational programming.
- Mice among the elephants. Moffett, Craig // Telephony;03/16/98, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the emergence of small telephone companies in the United States as strong competitors in the industry. Rapid re-consolidation illusion created by mergers and acquisitions in 1997; Challenges presented by monoline competitors to incumbent network operators; Emergence of monoline...
- Briefly. // Telephony;05/25/98, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p58
Reports on developments concerning telephone companies in the United States as of May 25, 1998. Time Warner Telecom's success in winning an exclusive telephone service deal with Milwaukee's Wisconsin Center District; @Home Network's partnership with SegaSoft Network to create multiplayer games...
- Things easier said than done. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;05/25/98, Vol. 234 Issue 21, p80
Probes the competitive ability of emerging telephone companies against traditional carriers in the United States. Application of aggressive business strategies and use of advance technologies by the new companies; Potential inability of the new carriers to meet industry standards; Need for the...
- The new competitors. // America's Network;11/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p28
Focuses on the competition among telephone companies after the demise of the telecommunication bill in the United States. Local switched service filed by MCI Metro in five states; Focus of local competition strategy in states; Similarity of goals of MCI and competitive access providers; Effect...
- Clock is ticking for area code changes. Spielman, Les // Lodging Hospitality;Jan94, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the telephone industries' plan to convert new interchangeable area codes (INPA) on January 1, 1995. Carrier industry's coordination with Bellcore to; Consequences and costs of the plan.