Wireless Signs Of The Times
- Improving Voice Capacity in 3G Systems. Czaja, Stash; Honk Kui Yang // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p39
Focuses on the developed voice capacity in third generation (3G) systems wireless standards. Importance of service providers on the quality of voice capacity; Limitations on the mobile station receiver for transmitted signal capacity; Integration of inherent capabilities of voice capacity in 3G...
- OPTICAL-TO-ELECTRICAL TERAHERTZ LINK. // Microwaves & RF;Jul2014, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p36
The article reports that researchers have implemented a 46-Gb/s data channel at 400 GHz using a hybrid photonic-to-electronic terahertz communications link.
- Riding the wave of wireless data. Hinke, Robert // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p33
Forecasts the role of analog technology in the widespread penetration of wireless data to the consumer market in 2002. Evolution of existing wide and personal area networks; Predictions on wireless communication devices which will hit the market in 2002; Forecast on the availability of...
- SHELDAHL DEBUTS COMCLAD HIGH-FREQUENCY LAMINATES/CIRCUITS. // Electro Manufacturing;Dec2000, p4
Introduces ComClad high-frequency laminates for wireless communications circuits manufactured by Sheldahl, Inc. in Northfield, Minnesota. Advantages of the entry of high-frequency laminates in the wireless industry; Company background of Sheldahl Inc.; Features of ComClad high-frequency laminates.
- Editors' Notes. Wayne, Scott // Analog Dialogue;2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the advantage of femtocell wireless device, one by Newton Leif and Niku Chen on the uses and history of multiplier topologies, and one on the ways to document and stimulate proprietary wireless system.
- $37 wireless module simplifies 900-MHz networks. Granville, Fran // EDN;8/07/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p13
Focuses on wireless module developed by the electronics company MaxStream Inc. Applications of the module; Frequency of operation of the module; Operational current of the module; Mechanism of working of the module.
- Nonlinear Optimization-Based Device-Free Localization with Outlier Link Rejection. Wendong Xiao; Biao Song; Xiting Yu; Peiyuan Chen // Sensors (14248220);2015, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8072
Device-free localization (DFL) is an emerging wireless technique for estimating the location of target that does not have any attached electronic device. It has found extensive use in Smart City applications such as healthcare at home and hospitals, location-based services at smart spaces, city...
- SiGe Provides Enabling Technology for 3G Wireless. Hutter, Lou // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the role played by silicon-germanium (SiGe) bipolar process in the success of third-generation wireless communications. Features and capabilities of SiGe; History of the method; Principle behind the SiGe bipolar process.
- PRODUCT NEWS. // Wireless Design & Development;Jun2005, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p36
Features several products for wireless technology. RF Manager software from Wireless Valley Communications; pHemt and HBT Process Design Kits for Advanced Design System (ADS) Release 2004A United Monolithic Semiconductors; FLO/PCB v2.2 design software from Flomerics Inc.