Fixed Wireless Pioneer Tackles Disparate Ventures
- Wireless E911 advances. // Telephony;04/13/98, Vol. 234 Issue 15, p46
Reports that Xypoint has launched a phase one E911 system for Centennial Cellular on March 31, 1998.
- News briefs. // RCR;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p3
Presents a roundup of news about the wireless communications industry as of July 1999. Includes Iridium LLC; Centennial Cellular Corp.; Everything Wireless.
- Centennial forges ahead in Puerto Rico, U.S. markets. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p48
Presents information as it relates to Centennial Cellular Corporation, while highlighting the company's debut in Puerto Rico in late 1996. Specializations of the company; Reference to some of the services launched by the company; Details on the financial performance of the company.
- Centennial may look for buyer. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
States that Centennial Cellular Corporation has announced that it is considering the option of selling its assets. Information on the company; Why the company is considering to sell its assets; Financial information on the company.
- Centennial makes cash offer on notes. // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p59
Announces Centennial Cellular Corp.'s decision to purchase for cash all $250 million principal amount of its 8.875-percent senior notes due 2001 and $100 million principal amount of its 10.125-percent senior notes due 2005. Events which led to the offer which was made; Deadline for the tender...
- Centennial plans Midwest offices. // RCR;9/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p8
Reports that Centennial Cellular Corporation planned to open headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Details on the plan.
- Co-location: Threat or good strategy? Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;7/27/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p26
Discusses Centennial Cellular Corp.'s proposal for co-location to avoid multiplicity of unnecessary tower construction and equipment installation. Rejection of proposal by PRTC and CellularOne; Advantages of co-location.
- Deregulation becoming reality. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;5/30/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p26
Reports on Centennial Cellular Corp.'s decision to move ahead with a $200 million, three-year investment program in the Puerto Rican telephone market as lawmakers and industry executives continue to negotiate a compromise on legislation to deregulate the local market. Plans by the company to...
- Centennial to invest $135 million. DiMeo, Sam // Caribbean Business;11/16/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p39
Reports that Centennial Cellular Corp. expects its investments to top $135 million before 1997 in Puerto Rico. Investment in licensing, equipment and advertising.