- Colorado MicroDisplay gets cash infusion. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p110
Reports on Boulder, Colorado-based Colorado MicroDisplay Inc.'s receipt of a $4 million investment from Argo Global Capital Inc., which manages the GSM Capital LP venture fund. Investment partners in GSM Capital; Total funding received by Colorado MicroDisplay; Features of microdisplays...
- Japanese vendors license Phone.com UP.Browser. Smith, Hilary // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p61
Informs that Japanese manufacturers have licensed Phone.com Inc.'s UP.Browser microbrowser to include in upcoming wireless phones. Wireless Application Protocol-compatible microbrowser.
- Welcome home. Spencer, Stephen // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);May2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p35
The article offers tips on redesigning the Web site's home page. It cites the need for companies to make it clear why Internet users visit their home page and what they should do on such site. It recommends using vertical scrolling for home page and adding key navigation elements and product...
- Moving by the book. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/21/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6216, p79
Presents answers to queries about Uniform Resource Locator (URL) browsers used in the Internet. Includes functionality of URL browsers; Means of moving the URL around; Movement between Netscape and Microsoft.
- A new class of search. McGovern, Gerry // Information World Review;Dec2002, Issue 186, p49
Deals with the use of card sorting in Internet browsing. Process of card sorting; Problems with classification design; Suggested ways to making classification.
- Voice Browser Packages Will Offer Hands-Off Access to Web Sites. H.B. // PC Week;11/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p36
Examines the performance of voice-enabled browsers used to surf the Internet computer network. Advantages to the use of web pages; Companies involved in the design of browser software; Development of PhoneBrowser software by Lucent Technologies.
- WHO WANTS AN INTERFACE? Coffee, Peter // eWeek;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p53
Speculates on what productivity improvements users would have gotten from the Internet if Web browsers had never been invented. Data transfer; Ways that some people partition the World Wide Web.
- Browsers, Only Better. // Tech & Learning;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p6
Evaluates the Internet Web browsers Browse3D and MicroSurfer 2.0. Efforts to revamp Internet tools; Specifications of the two browsers; Capabilities of the browsers.
- TOP 19 ... BROWSERS. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on several Internet browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 8.