Is Education Really Enough?
- BAM opens online store. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p91
Reports on the online store opened by Bell Atlantic Mobile company for consumers to purchase wireless service, cellular phones and accessories. Completion of the entire purchase process on the company's Web site.
- Bell Atlantic offers A/B roaming. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;7/11/94, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p1
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile System's offering of full roaming capabilities to its subscribers in all of its markets. Linking of company's wireline and non-wireline markets.
- CDPD puts IP networks on the move. Hills, Alex; Hovey, Richard // Business Communications Review;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p58
Features Bell Atlantic Mobile's CDPD AirBridge Packet service. Support for TCP/IP's Internet Protocol; Features; Connecting CDPD with the Wired Campus Network. INSETS: CDPD background and rollout status.;How CDPD works..
- BAM expands hope. // Telephony;03/02/98, Vol. 234 Issue 9, p66
Reports that Belel Atlantic Mobile will expand its HopeLine product line.
- Carriers still battle for users with price. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the announcement by Bell Atlantic Mobile (BAM) of a single pricing rate plan, which offers carriers 1,600 minutes for $160 monthly. Advantages of the rate plan; Identification of three pricing options introduced by the company; What is reflected by the pricing plans introduced by BAM.
- Bell Atlantic to extend trial for single-number service. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;10/4/93, Vol. 225 Issue 14, p6
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems approach to extend its one-person, one-number service trial in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Pa.). Plans to test the service in Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia, Pa.; Use of smart card technology and intelligent sensors; Competition with emerging personal...
- N.C. judge tells BAM to comply with new rules. // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p6
Reports that a North Carolina judge has instructed Bell Atlantic Mobile company to submit an application complying with an antenna-siting ordinance. Details on a lawsuit filed by Bell Atlantic Mobile; What was revealed by the timing of the lawsuit.
- BAM knows mobile protocol conversion. Vittore, Vince // America's Network;2/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p32
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile's (BAM's) AirBridge Gateway. Giving wireless modem users dial-up access to any database; Providing protocol conversion between cellular modems and host terminals; BAM's marketing of three hardware pieces; BAM's testing of communication software packages; BAM's...
- Bell Atlantic set to offer cellular data service. Wallace, Bob // InfoWorld;12/13/93, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p8
Reports on Bell Atlantic Mobile System's plan to deliver a wireless data service called AirBridge Packet to mobile users in 61 metropolitan areas. Maximum speed of transmission of data and voice; Use of Cellular Data Packet Data technology; Laptop computers and personal digital assistants to...