- Intel, Ericsson Support Wi-Fi Cloud in U.K. // Electronic News;3/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Reports on the support of Intel Corp. and Ericsson for The Cloud, a given name to a Wi-Fi 802.11-based wireless access network being built by a British operators. Sites covered by the network; Free trial services planned by Inspired Broadcast Networks; Wi-Fi wireless access sites in Great Britain.
- Seeking To Play The New (Wireless) World's Backbone. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p24
Reports that Ericsson Inc. and UUNET Technologies Inc. have joined forces to jointly develop Internet protocol services and products for wireless carriers. Why Ericsson is lending its influence with the world's GSM carriers; Information on UUNET; Initial project of Ericsson and UUNET; What the...
- Ericsson, Juniper Develop Mobile Routers. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p18
Reports that Ericsson and Juniper Networks have formed a joint venture to produce mobile Internet routers for GPRS and 3G wireless networks. Terms under the deal.
- Old foes no more. Mason, Charles // America's Network;04/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the implication of the deal between Ericsson and Qualcomm. Details on the deal; Implication of the move on the development of third-generation (3G) standard by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU); Information on the conflict between the companies.
- Sony, Ericsson Join Handsets. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;4/30/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the joint mobile phone venture of Sony and Ericsson called Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. First-quarter loss posted by Ericsson in 2001; Market share of competitor Nokia in the worldwide handset market; Number of contracts secured by Ericsson to supply third generation networks.
- Intel Investing In Symbol. // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p71
Reports that Silicon heavyweight Intel company is investing in Symbol Technologies Inc. as part of a joint venture to develop advanced highspeed wireless networking products. Significance of the deal; Focus of the deal; Products involved in the investment deal.
- Briefs. // Network World;8/13/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p27
Reports developments related to wireless communication systems in the United States as of August 2001. Use of Integral's PurePocket switches to provide converged voice by OneStar Communications; Agreement between Ericsson Co. and Verizon Wireless Co. on the sale of products; Details of the...
- piccap Intel Wimax. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;3/30/2005, Issue 2187, p16
The article reports that Intel Corp. has teamed up with the Science Museum for its first trials of fixed wireless access WiMAX technology in Great Britain.
- Intel, Mitsubishi partner on 3G cellular chipset. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p32
Announces Intel Corp. and Mitsubishi Electric Corp.'s co-development of a cellular chipset for the third generation wireless technology market. Work done on the chipset; Plans of both companies to extend joint development efforts to other areas.