Geotek Creditors Say They'll Talk
- Hughes will supply FHMA subsystems. // RCR;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p2
Reports on Hughes Network Systems Incorporated's agreement to manufacture Frequency Hopping Multiple Access (FHMA) subsystems for Geotek Communications Incorporated. How much money Hughes will provide for vendor credit financing.
- Static. // Northern New Jersey Business;1/25/95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Nextel Communications has agreed to buy 74 900 megahertz channels from Geotek Communications under a frequency swap agreement. Possible benefits for Nextel from the deal; Drop in Nextel's market capitalization.
- Geotek seeks liquidation approval in event Nextel loses appeal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p21
Reports that Geotek Communications Inc. is moving forward to win creditor and bankruptcy court approval of a final plan of liquidation. Geotek's planning for contingencies in the event Nextel Communications Inc. loses its bid to overturn a 1995 antitrust consent decree; Details on the...
- Nextel Stocks Up On 900 News. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the licenses of Geotek Communications Inc. which will be transferred to Nextel Communications Inc. Reason for the transfer of the licenses.
- Justice blocks Nextel bid for Geotek licenses. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Justice Department has blocked Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid on Geotek Communications Inc.'s licenses. Denial of Nextel Communications' request to modify a 1994 antitrust consent decree; Ability of Nextel to accommodate future growth in major markets.
- Geotek backers complain Nextel is too limited by DOJ. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p13
Reports on Geotek Communications Inc. creditors' criticism on the proposed antitrust settlement between the United States Department of Justice and Nextel Communications Inc. Attempts of government lawyers to limit creditors' participation in the case; Terms of the settlement agreement.
- Creditors Itching To Liquidate. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on the financial status of telecommunication company Geotek Communications Inc. Plans to sell the company's spectrum due to bankruptcy; Negotiation with Nextel on the purchase of the spectrum; Prospective buyers of the spectrum; Petition filed by the Alliance for Radio Competition.
- Nextel to buy Geotek licenses. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Geotek Communications Inc.'s plans to sell to Nextel Communications Inc. its portfolio of specialized mobile radio 900 Mhz licenses.
- Nextel sues to lift decree; bankruptcy judge approves Geotek spectrum sale. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Informs about a Wilmington, Delaware-based bankruptcy court's approval of Nextel Communications Inc.'s purchase of Geotek Communication Inc.'s 191 dispatch radio licenses. Expected debate over whether a United States 1995 antitrust consent decree should be vacated or enforced; Nextel's suit to...