Missouri: Jail Time For Car-phone Use?
- U.K. insurer says talking/driving worse than drinking/driving. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p13
Reports on a study commissioned by the Direct Line Group which indicates the danger of talking on a mobile phone while driving. Legislative bill introduced as a consequence of the findings obtained in the study; Comparison of the danger of talking on a mobile phone while driving with that of...
- State needs to act on cell phone use. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/11/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p50A
Comments on the prohibition against the use of cellular phones while driving in New York. Need of the legislature to pass a statewide ban of the dangerous practice; Debate on a variety of provisions on the cell phone prohibition bills; Supports of the wireless industry and safety advocates on...
- MOBILE DISCUSSIONS UNDERWAY. // Truck & Driver;Nov2002, p6
Reports on the action of the government toward the issue of using hand-held mobile phones while driving in Great Britain. Consultation with transport minister David Jamieson regarding the issue; Information on the danger of using hand-held mobile phones while on the move.
- Lawyers eyeing lawsuits for cell phones. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p4
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by lawyers to address mobile phones' negligence issues in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Prohibition of cell phone use while driving; Responsibility of corporations over employee negligence; Determination of liability.
- Hands-free cellular legislation pending in California and... Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p14
Reports that legislation requiring hands-free cellular telephone use while driving will be put before the California Senate Transportation Committee on April 15, 1997. Reference to similar legislation in Illinois; Details on the California bill; Explanation of the procedure for the passage of...
- Cell phone restrictions gaining momentum. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p10
Introduces the cell phone restriction legislation while driving in New York.
- First-Ever Drowsy Driving Legislation Passes State senate. // Professional Safety;Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the Senate approval of drowsy driving legislation in New Jersey. Legal trials for vehicular homicide; Liability of automobile drivers in case of fatal accidents; Introduction of the legislation at the national level.
- Cellular Driving Under Spotlight, Again. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Discusses whether it might be worth considering a ban on using wireless phones while driving. Issue on the findings of a study which appeared in the `New England Journal of Medicine, on wireless chatting while driving; Factor that cause a decrease in a driver's vigilance.
- Cell phones aren't only distraction. // Crain's Detroit Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p8
Comments on two bills pending in Lansing, Michigan that address cellular telephone use in vehicles. Impetus for the bills; Terms of the bills.