Bidding For Booze
- What's the benchmark? Oellerman, Rob // Finance Week;3/22/2002, p24
Focuses on the role of professional investors in participating the large institutional saving pools in South Africa. Implications of choosing the correct benchmark; Characteristics of equity market; Decrease of resources on benchmarks.
- Sit on the benchmark. Brown, Robert // Money Marketing;10/10/2002, p74
Focuses on the importance of benchmarks to private investors in Great Britain. Publication of a conduct of business rulebook for European Countries by the Committee of European Securities Regulators; Adaptation of the rules by the Council of Ministers; Advantage of benchmarks.
- UK wine industry secures EU benchmarking funds. Sixsmith, Rachel // Horticulture Week;6/3/2011, p32
The article offers information on the European Union (EU) benchmarking funds secured by the wine industry in Great Britain.
- Liquor and wine: Slow but steady. K.P.K. // Beverage Industry;Aug95, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p28
Assesses the position of the wine and liquor industry in the US. Shifts in consumer preferences; Use of the Internet by wine and spirit companies for marketing; Decline in the demand for earlier popular brands like Tequila; Views of financial analysts regarding the financial aspects of the...
- Taking stock. Blue, Anthony Dias // Bon Appetit;Jan1994, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the wine and spirits industry. Damage wrought by Phylloxera on the vineyards of Napa and Sonoma, California; Government's disapproving attitude toward the health claims of red wine; Popularity of cocktails; Proliferation of quality wine and spirits; Boom in microbreweries.
- Wine & spirits scope. // Beverage World;03/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1635, p18
Presents news briefs related to the wine & alcoholic spirits industry in the United States, as of March 1997. Includes SPG Partners' work with Brown-Forman for its whiskey product; Impact of heavy rains to the winegrape crop in California; Jim Beam Brand's introduction of the Cigare Blend line...
- Wine and spirits scope. // Beverage World;11/15/96, Vol. 115 Issue 1627, p26
Reports on the development in the wine and distilled spirits industry in the United States as of November 1996. Includes Dunnewood Vineyards & Winery's creation of the Dry Silk wine; William Grant & Sons improvemenmts for its Taft Street wines; Paul Masson wines `Ring in the Holiday' promotions.
- Wine & spirits scope. // Beverage World;12/15/96, Vol. 115 Issue 1630, p24
Features news items on the wine and spirits industry in the United States as of December 1996. Includes Haywood Winery's celebration of its 16th anniversary; Packaging look for Michael Peters Limited's Caravella Limoncello.
- Editor's Note. Looker, Amy // Australian Hotelier;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including a special section on the key figures in the Australian liquor industry and a section on the predicted performance of the wine industry in Australia in 2010.