Small Is Bountiful
- Equity, not M&A, is Weisel's forte in its early days. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/29/99, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p5
Focuses on the specialization of financial service firm, Thomas Weisel Partners LLC in equities management in its initial stages of operations. Value of stock deals underwritten by the company in 1999; Comments from officials.
- Weisel Partners lines up $500 mil private equity fund. Dunn, Robert // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/08/99, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the move of Thomas Weisel Partners to set up a private equity fund to invest in companies and participate in merchant banking activities. Pre-marketing efforts; Appointment of Alan Menkes to help launch the firm's principal investing operations; Planned allocation of the funds; Terms...
- Overnight Block Deal Makes Pleasant Dream. Byrne, John A. // Traders Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 169, p18
Reports on a stock offering of Jabil Circuits in 2000 underwritten by Thomas Weisel Partners. Amount of shares sold out; Terms of the offering; What made the offering exceptional.
- Weisel, Sapient plan Internet initiative. // B to B;05/08/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the joint venture formed by San Francisco, California-based technology investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners and Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Web consulting and software firm Sapient.
- Power Management Player Files for IPO. Davis, Jessica // Electronic News;4/11/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports on an initial public offering filed by power management chipmaker Advanced Analogic Technologies as of April 11, 2005. Expected growth of the voltage regulator and reference power management semiconductor in 2005; Amount of shares the firm expects from the stock offering; Corporate...
- Thomas Weisel Sold. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p22
The article reports that Thomas Weisel Partners Group will be acquired by Stifel Financial Corp. for around 300 million U.S. dollars in an all-stock transaction. The investment bank based in San Francisco, California, was named after its founder Thom Weisel. Stifel chairman and chief executive...
- State to receive $1M from settlements. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p25
The state of Michigan will receive more than $1 million as part of $100 million in settlements that securities regulators collected from New York City based Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and San Francisco based Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. These settlements resulted from allegations that the...
- SHORT TAKES. // Communications News;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p6
This article presents news briefs on information technology in the U.S. as of December 2005. Investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners deployed more than 400 Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks throughout its offices in the country to reduce the total cost of ownership of its laptop computers. Stampede...
- Alphatec Spine to acquire Scient'x in all-stock deal. // Medical Device Daily;12/21/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 244, p2
The article reports on the decision of Alphatec Holdings of Scienti'x Groupe in an all-stock transaction. Under the terms of the deal, which is valued at about 116.4 million U.S. dollars, 100% of Scienti'x stock will be exchanged pursuant to a fixed ratio for 24 million shares of the firm's...