The Second Coming
- michael DELL. Fishman, Charles // Fast Company;Mar2001, Issue 44, p82
Interviews Michael Dell, CEO of Dell Computer, regarding his childhood, family life and work. Features of the Inspiron 8000 laptop developed by the company; Reasons given by Dell for surfing the Web; Educational background of Dell.
- Dell Calls Fiscal Q4 'Best Operating Period Ever' Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the profits of Dell for the fourth quarter of 2003. Amount of its revenue; Percentage increase in its revenue; Remarks from CEO Michael Dell on the profit.
- Innovation revisited. Cottrill, Mike // Smart Business Columbus;Oct2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the management of Dell Inc. by its founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Michael S. Dell. According to Dell, his company nowadays is facing more competition in pricing, product and service than ever before. He suggests that for a business that changes quickly to be...
- Transitions Michael Reinvents Dell. Karlgaard, Rich // Forbes Asia;May2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p21
This article presents an interview with Michael S. Dell, founder and chief executive officer of Dell Computer Corp. He says that he changed the Dell model in 2006-07 and that strategy led to fantastic growth in the 1980s, 1990s, and even through the dot-com bust. He also says that the new Dell...
- Michael Dell. Sachs, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov99, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p427
Features Dell Computer Corp. chief executive officer Michael Dell, who is `GQ' magazine's 1999 Man of the Year in the Business category. Accomplishments; Earnings per hour; Enjoyment that Dell gets out of his business.
- Company Spotlight: Dell Inc. // MarketWatch: Technology;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p33
The article profiles Dell Inc., a multinational technology firm. It is founded by its chairman and chief executive officer Michael Dell. It designs, develops and supports information technology (IT) systems and services. Its products include desktop computer systems, software and peripherals. A...
- Dell in charge. Ferguson, Scott; Davis, Jessica; Preimesberger, Chris // eWeek;2/11/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses the implications of the takeover of Michael Dell as chief executive officer of Dell Computer Corp. in the U.S. According to the author, Dell assumes his position on January 31, 2007 and works hard to revive the company's operation advantage through the integration of new...
- Is the enterprise going to Dell? Dell, Michael // eWeek;5/10/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p22
Presents an interview with Michael Dell, chairman and CEO of Dell Inc. in the U.S. New initiatives made by the company; Identification of the company's key areas for research and development; Definition of the phrase scalable enterprise.
- THE FINAL CUT. Burke, Steven // CRN;5/28/2007, Issue 1240, p18
The author reflects on the efforts of chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Dell of Dell Computer Corp. in reaching out to other solution providers to partner with him in the U.S. According to CEO Wes Herschberger of MapleTronics, he absolutely would not consider taking on Dell. He added that...