The Second Coming
- michael DELL. Fishman, Charles // Fast Company;Mar2001, Issue 44, p82
Interviews Michael Dell, CEO of Dell Computer, regarding his childhood, family life and work. Features of the Inspiron 8000 laptop developed by the company; Reasons given by Dell for surfing the Web; Educational background of Dell.
- Dell Calls Fiscal Q4 'Best Operating Period Ever' Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/23/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the profits of Dell for the fourth quarter of 2003. Amount of its revenue; Percentage increase in its revenue; Remarks from CEO Michael Dell on the profit.
- Innovation revisited. Cottrill, Mike // Smart Business Columbus;Oct2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p18
The article focuses on the management of Dell Inc. by its founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Michael S. Dell. According to Dell, his company nowadays is facing more competition in pricing, product and service than ever before. He suggests that for a business that changes quickly to be...
- Transitions Michael Reinvents Dell. Karlgaard, Rich // Forbes Asia;May2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p21
This article presents an interview with Michael S. Dell, founder and chief executive officer of Dell Computer Corp. He says that he changed the Dell model in 2006-07 and that strategy led to fantastic growth in the 1980s, 1990s, and even through the dot-com bust. He also says that the new Dell...
- Michael Dell. Sachs, Adam // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov99, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p427
Features Dell Computer Corp. chief executive officer Michael Dell, who is `GQ' magazine's 1999 Man of the Year in the Business category. Accomplishments; Earnings per hour; Enjoyment that Dell gets out of his business.
- Company Spotlight: Dell Inc. // MarketWatch: Technology;Oct2008, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p33
The article profiles Dell Inc., a multinational technology firm. It is founded by its chairman and chief executive officer Michael Dell. It designs, develops and supports information technology (IT) systems and services. Its products include desktop computer systems, software and peripherals. A...
- Dell in charge. Ferguson, Scott; Davis, Jessica; Preimesberger, Chris // eWeek;2/11/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses the implications of the takeover of Michael Dell as chief executive officer of Dell Computer Corp. in the U.S. According to the author, Dell assumes his position on January 31, 2007 and works hard to revive the company's operation advantage through the integration of new...
- Innovation revisited. Cottrill, Mike // Smart Business Indianapolis;Oct2010, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p8
The article profiles Michael S. Dell who founded Dell Computer Corp. in 1984 and became the youngest chief executive officer (CEO) ever according to the "Fortune 500" journal. Dell believes that one needs to have an explicit acceptance of risk in order to be successful. He adds that part of risk...
- Michael Dell Effect Kicks In. // Red Herring;1/17/2008, p4
The article reports on the sales posted by Dell in the fourth quarter of 2008. For the quarter, Dell shipped 17.1 percent more compared to the same period in 2007. According to technology researcher IDC, the retail sales strategy of Dell has helped the company to return to double-digit...