Lighter Than Air
- Biding Time. Anselmo, Joseph C.; Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/25/2008, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p42
This article reports on the plan of Embraer to introduce a next-generation jet, despite proposals by two competitors to technologically improve the Brazilian aircraft builder within five years. Canada's Bombardier and Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy Industries are aiming to launch development of...
- Production is under way on the first Global Express. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr95, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p18
Reports on Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' manufacture of the Bombardier Global Express. Scheduled flight of the Bombardier.
- MHI'S GLOBAL EXPANSION. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/11/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p15
Examines the role of the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries on the Global 5000 intercontinental derivative. Integration of the main wing and center fuselage; Increase of the sales of its aerospace division.
- Test Period Compressed As Mitsubishi MRJ Makes First Flight. Perrett, Bradley // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/16/2015, p1
The article offers information on the MRJ jet aircraft from Mitsubishi.
- Toyota Considering Aviation Entrance. // Regional Aviation News;3/10/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the plan of Toyota to enter the aircraft industry by investing in Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI). MHI is already developing a 70- to 90-seat regional jet as of March 2008. According to Asahi Shimbun, Toyota may invest 10 billion Japanese yen into a program that will be...
- ATW Through the Years. // Air Transport World;Feb2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p76
The article provides facts and information about airline history and development. Boeing's board of directors authorized the company to offer the 767-400ERX on February 1997. Big transport makers enjoyed a record year in 1985, by selling nearly $30 billion worth of new airliners. The airlines...
- Boeing, wary of '97, hopes for smooth rebound. Wilhelm, Steve // Journal of Business (10756124);11/23/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 24, pA17
Forecasts the jet production of Boeing Commercial Airplanes in the U.S. Increase in the demand for jet production; Concerns over the possibility that the company might be run out of critical parts just like what it happened in 1997; Ability of the company to stay profitable during the economic...
- Name That Plane. Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/12/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 19, p42
Getting airline feedback about a new design is standard operating procedure, and Boeing is talking to some 40 carriers about what they want to see in theâ€œsuper-efficientâ€ 7E7 midsize family of jets it expects to launch next year. Boeing has teamed with AOL Time Warner Inc. to seek...
- MHI To Open Plant In Matsusaka City, Japan. McMillin, Molly // Weekly of Business Aviation;6/8/2015, Vol. 100 Issue 22, p2
The article reports on the agreement of engineering and electronics company Mitsubishi Heavy Industries with Matsusaka City in Mie Prefecture, Japan, to perform aircraft production related business activities.