- decidua. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p585
A definition of the term "decidua" which refers to the endometrium or lining of the uterus and the tissue around the ectopically located fertilized ovum is presented.
- Early pregnancy/Mixed topics. // Human Reproduction;Jun2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 18, p95
The article presents abstracts of medical research. They include "Pre-implantation administration of anti-vascularendothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor 2 antibody disrupts post-implantation pregnancy development in mice," "Prediction of ectopic pregnancy with the human chorionic gonadotropin...
- The changing face of ectopic pregnancy. Mascarenhas, Lawrence; Williamson, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/19/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7101, p141
Editorial. Discusses various aspects of ectopic pregnancy. Technological advances on the diagnosis and management of an ectopic pregnancy; Clinical presentation of the condition; Abnormalities in pregnancy associated with human chorionic gonadotrophin titres; Diagnosis using laparoscopy.
- Ectopic decidua of the greater omentum: a case report. Pigac, Biserka; Maić, Silvija // Journal of Health Sciences;2016, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p72
Ectopic decidua is defined as extrauterine deposits of decidual stromal cells. It occurs in 85-100% of pregnancies. Focal sites can be present in various locations, yet a peritoneal location is rare. A 24-year-old woman underwent a cesarean section in 39th week of her first pregnancy, during...
- Predictive value of plasma human chorionic gonadotrophin beta subunit in diagnosing ectopic pregnancy after in vitro fertilisation and embryo transfer. Okamoto, S.H.; Healy, D.L.; Morrow, L.M.; Rogers, P.A.W.; Trounson, A.O.; Wood, E.C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/14/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6573, p667
Investigates the use of plasma human chorionic gonadotrophin beta subunit in diagnosing ectopic pregnancy. Implication of ectopic pregnancy for maternal mortality; Correlation between transvaginal ultrasonography and human chorionic gonadotrophin; Validity of human chorionic gonadotrophin.
- What is your diagnosis? Saatli, Bahadir; Yıldırım, Nuri; Cağliyan, Erkan; Obuz, Funda; Koyuncuoğlu, Meral // Journal of the Turkish-German Gynecological Association;Jun2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p123
A quiz pertaining to the diagnosis of a 23-year-old woman with the complaint of chronic right lower quadrant pain is presented.
- Primary Tubal Choriocarcinoma Presented as Ruptured Ectopic Pregnancy. KARAMAN, ERBIL; ÇETIN, ORKUN; KOLUSARI, ALI; BAYRAM, IRFAN // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p17
The primary tubal choriocarcinoma associated with ectopic pregnancy is very rare. A 31-year-old woman was admitted to the emergency room due to amenorrhea, left lower abdominal pain and fatigue. Her Î²-Hcg level was 29251.4 mIU/ml and transvaginal ultrasund revealed a 24x21 mm of left tubal...
- Serum-dependent effects of IGF-I and insulin on proliferation and invasion of human first trimester trophoblast cell models. Mandl, M.; Haas, J.; Bischof, P.; Nöhammer, G.; Desoye, G. // Histochemistry & Cell Biology;May2002, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p391
Extravillous cytotrophoblasts are specialised epithelial cells of the placenta that proliferate or invade the maternal decidua. Little is known about the mechanisms that regulate these processes. Here the effects of several insulin and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) doses, either singly or...
- What Is Adequate Sampling of Extraplacental Membranes? Winters, Ryan; Waters, Brenda L. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Dec2008, Vol. 132 Issue 12, p1920
Context.--It is the generally accepted practice to submit 1 or 2 membrane rolls when examining placentas. Objective.--To determine whether obtaining additional sections would increase diagnostic yield and, if so, to what degree. Design.--A membrane roll section was prospectively procured from...