- On Productivity. Raftery, Dan // Progressive Grocer;12/1/2004, Vol. 83 Issue 18, p20
Criticizes the outcome of the Productivity Conference administered by the Food Marketing Institute and the International Foodservice Distributors Association, held in Dallas, Texas in October 2004. Highlights of the conference; Challenges faced by organizers of the conference; Insights from...
- SFM announces conference, promotes careers. // Food Management;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
The Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) will hold its second Critical Issues Conference, â€œOnsite Foodservice: Enhancing Value in Today's Economy,â€ in New York City April 10 2003. SFM also underwrote a 15-week course at Chester, Pennsylvania-based Widener University as part of a...
- Floor Show. // SN: Supermarket News;6/13/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p36
Presents the highlights of the 2005 International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association's trade show held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Reformulated food products featured at the event; Attendees of the show.
- Leading the flock. Young, Barbara // National Provisioner;Dec99, Vol. 213 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the growth strategy of Butterball Turkey Co., a division of ConAgra Refrigerated Prepared Foods. Goal of promoting growth in the turkey industry; Need for the improvement in turkey consumption; Company's focus on internal communication.
- Safety First. MAYER, MARINA // Refrigerated & Frozen Foods Retailer;Sep2012, p8
The article discusses the efforts by refrigerated and frozen food processors, particularly in the U.S., to achieve high levels of food safety standards. It cites as example the effort by turkey products producer Butterball LLC to focus on worker health and safety. The other featured firms are...
- Fine Frozen Foods. // Food & Drink;Spring2011, p144
The article features the Phoenix, Arizona-based company Arizona Select Distribution, which distributes ice cream and other frozen and refrigerated foods. The firm's ice cream brands include Ben & Jerry's, Breyers and Popsicle. The company distributes frozen food products from such firms as White...
- ASSOCIATIONS. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2014, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p72
The article presents a directory for Canadian associations related to food services in Canada as of January 2014 including Canadian Dairy Network, Canadian Food Exporters Association, and Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- MANUFACTURERS NEWS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p132
Presents news briefs on food product manufacturers which cater to the food service industry as of May 15, 2001. Support group from Ventura Foods LLC; Web site of the Society for Foodservice Management; Information on the contest of Phillips Seafood's for chefs and cooks.
- Retail Grows in Healthcare Market. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
The article presents the results of a survey conducted by the National Association of Healthcare Foodservice Management. Fifty-five percent of members say that more than half of their business now comes from non-patient meals. Among the retail services offered were fruit, vegetables and cheese...