Follow the Footprint
- Choosing a Dining Service. // Choosing a Dining Service -- FIW;2010, p1
The article presents a report concerning the food industry focusing on the factors to be considered in selecting a dining service and the demand for environmentally friendly and healthier dining businesses in the U.S. It mentions that green dining services are those that incorporate more local...
- TARGETING THE FOOD SERVICE SECTOR. Shanklin, Carol W. // BioCycle;Apr2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p38
Reports on waste characterization studies in different types of food service operations. Purpose of the study; Factors influencing the amount of packaging and food residue; Diversion potential for composting; Importance of evaluating alternative waste management practices.
- FOODSERVICE IS GREENER, SAYS GRAM GREEN PAPER. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/9/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4825, p48
The article presents results of the 2014 Gram Green Paper survey launched at Hotelympia event, which reveals an increase in the number of operators and chefs who believe that the food service sector is greener compared to 2008 and options to implement environmentalism in the industry.
- New Carbon Calculator To Use North American Data. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Dec2009, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p330
The article focuses on CHEFS, a carbon calculator being developed by Clean Air-Cool Planet to compute carbon dioxide 2 emissions in related to food services.
- Want not, Waste not. Caira, Rosanna // Foodservice & Hospitality;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p2
The author reflects on the implication of sustainable development in the food service industry in Canada. She suggested that food service operators must generate less waste, search for alternative packaging and use more environment friendly business methods for them to be more sustainable. She...
- the ECO-CONSCIOUS school. Jarman, Abbie // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the making of sustainable education initiative of the Kendall College in Chicago. In partnership with the Green Restaurant Association (GRA) the program also release "Sustainability for the Food Service Industry," an educational video on making food service business into...
- More Operators Converting Cooking Oil to Biofuel. // FoodService Director;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p20
This section presents data from "Food Service Director's" fourth Environmental Study on foodservice practices in the U.S. including the top environmentally friendly actions undertaken by foodservice operators, the impact of implementing environmentally friendly programs on operational costs, and...
- The Color of Sustainability. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p16
The author reflects on the growing importance of the issue of sustainability among food service industry players in the U.S. He argues that rising food and fuel prices are the catalysts for the sustainability effort. He cites two questions to ponder as food service operators try to balance their...
- Don't let the barbecue blues dictate your sales. ADDY, ROD // Meat Trades Journal;9/11/2015, p3
The author discusses aspects of damp weather that can impact low barbeque sales for burgers and sausages in Great Britain and suggests that retailers must develop creative food service to withstand any seasonal weather conditions.