The Power of the Brand
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Starbucks Coffee Co. studies island market. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;2/10/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p30
Reports on Starbucks Coffee Co.'s consideration of expanding into Puerto Rico and other Caribbean countries. Description of coffee products sold by the company; Popularity of coffee in Puerto Rico; Visit by company officials to Puerto Rico to scout the local market; Company's headquarters in...
- Monument Circle building will get next Starbucks. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on Seattle, Washington-based Starbucks Coffee's plan to build a cafe in Indianapolis, Indiana. Selection of a high-profile location; Pedestrian traffic in the Monument Circle; Number of stores in North America at the end of 1999.
- Starbucks sings praises of new Hear Music coffeehouses. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;3/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p46
The article reports that Starbucks Corp. has launched its Hear Music Coffeehouse with the opening of a new unit in San Antonio, Texas. The coffeehouse will feature the next generation of Hear Music media bars, a self-service area where customers can customize music on CD. The new coffeehouse is...
- New brew. Van Houten // Restaurant Business;12/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 23, p13
Reports on coffee chain Starbucks Coffee Co.'s move to overhaul and expand its fledgling Cafe Starbucks coffeehouse concept. Construction of a Cafe Starbucks in Bellevue, Washington; Problems experienced by the company with its breakfast test program; Chain's aim to create signature menu items...
- Starbucks brews a different blend of marketing. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the marketing strategy of Starbucks Coffee for their business operations in Puerto Rico. Creation of a restaurant experience; Encouragement for poetry reading sessions and informal meetings; Engagement in charitable causes.
- The Venti Effect. // American (19328117);Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses how Starbucks affects the local coffeehouse industry. Based on observation, a new Starbucks in the neighborhood tends to boost interest in specialty coffeehouses that stay open later and offer better or less costly products. In relation to this, a report form the Omaha...
- Starbuck's outlets will test beer and wine sales. // Modern Brewery Age;7/21/2009, Vol. 60 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the testing of a new coffeehouse concept that also serve beer and wine by Starbucks Corp. in Seattle, Washington.
- STARBUCKS' LOCAL APPROACH. // British Baker;4/20/2012, p39
The article reports that the global coffee chain Starbucks Corp. has planned to localize its products in order to attract customers in Great Britain.