- Survey: Kids Want Wider Ethnic Choices. // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p12
The article presents the Dream Kitchen Survey conducted by Y-Pulse LLC examining the notion school-aged students about ethnic choices in school cafeterias in the U.S. The survey reveals that school children are interested in having a broader variety of authentic ethnic foods and cross-cultural...
- A Day in the Life of a Nutrition Services Director. Spinks, Beth // Food Management;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p10
The article provides an overview on how a day goes by for a Nutrition Services Director. It presents contents from a school food service director's day-planner notebook. Included in the list of activities contained in the planner are getting to work before the sun is up, overseeing and finding...
- New Jersey Probe Finds Employees Lied to Get Students Free Meals. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on an investigation by New Jersey Comptroller Matthew Boxer, which reveals that state public employees or family members lied to obtain students free school meals.
- Parents now have online options for paying for meals. // East Bernard Express (TX);2/18/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p2
The article focuses on the online payment service which allow parents to deposit money into the school meal account their children in East Bernard School District Cafeteria in East Bernard, Texas.
- POS Reports: Take Time to Learn How to Use Them. Pappas, Mike // Hospitality Upgrade;Fall2002, p1
The article offers the author's views on the benefits of analyzing point-of-sale (POS) reports in the foodservice industry. He says that the POS system which monitors the number of menu items sold at a certain period of time helps foodservice operators find food shortages. He mentions that voids...
- Confab offers bits, bytes of latest technologies. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p21
The article focuses on the ninth annual International Foodservice Technology Exposition, or FS/TEC, held from October 24-27, 2004. An informal survey of the shopping lists or areas of interest of FS/TEC-bound foodservice executives suggests that many operators, though comfortable with their...
- Beverage directors weigh in on new technology. FLAHERTY, DAVID // Nation's Restaurant News;10/12/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p78
The article focuses on the role of beverage directors in the restaurant business. Topics discussed include responsibilities such as inventory and sales reports, distributor relationships and beverage program of the restaurant. It assesses the use of technology available for beverage management...
- Position for profit. Harty, Trish // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Aug2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p70
The article focuses on the benefits of adopting point-of-sale (POS) system in food and beverage (F&B) outlets. It says that POS system is important in cutting costs and boosting revenue. It adds that the updated POS systems can enable hotels to keep their F&B outlets in the black and to attain...
- Idaho DOE Healthy Cookbook. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the partnership of the Idaho Department of Education with a dietitian to create the "Chef Designed School Lunch" cookbook of healthy recipes for school foodservice.